Bellway shrugs off Brexit blues: Housebuilder hikes dividend after record year
Housebuilder Bellway hiked its dividend after a record year as it brushed off worries about the Brexit vote.
The Newcastle-based builder said it will pay a dividend of 108p a share, up 40 per cent from 77p last year, after annual profits soared 40.6 per cent to £497.9million.
Bellway's stock fell nearly 40 per cent in the immediate aftermath of the referendum but has risen strongly since then.
Chief executive Ted Ayres said: 'On June 24 we all went into a bit of a meltdown. But we have seen trading remaining strong. But we need to be vigilant and remain mindful about the future.'
RELATED... read more
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training
- 09:20 Why do footballers spit?
- 09:19 Saviour and sultan, ally and foe – west in a bind over Erdoğan
- 09:19 Born out of brutality, South Sudan, the world’s youngest state,...
- 09:18 Huge fire in Birmingham: 75 firefighters called to severe blaze in...
- 09:17 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:16 Harborough Bake Off star to appear at feast for food lovers!
- 09:15 Manchester’s been crowned ‘the world’s wildest city’
- 09:15 Ladies, let this woman teach you to ‘shoot your shot’
- 09:14 Three arrested over stabbing of boy, 15, at birthday party
- 09:11 Uttoxeter commuters promised more rush-hour trains in rail shake-up
- 09:08 Latest news from Berwick Civic Society
- 09:06 Can you solve it? Are you smarter than a maths jammer?
- 09:04 Saudi women in the driver’s seat as ban finally ends
- 09:04 Happy faces at St John’s Priory School’s Race for Life
- 09:03 "Encouraging others to support the town of Halifax "
- 09:01 'I didn't want to be 50 and fat!' - Burton mum kicked her snacking...
- 08:59 MSPs suggest text alerts could be sent to remind accused to show up...
- 08:58 Road in Eastwood closed over concerns for man’s safety
- 08:57 Ant McPartlin's ex-wife Lisa Armstrong threw his new lover out the...
- 08:57 Brigitte Nielson welcomes baby girl after giving birth at 54
- 08:51 Aston Villa linked with World Cup star - reports
- 08:50 Firefighters investigate as blaze in Trevor Street, Hull, sends...
- 08:43 Asking people what they do for a living is insulting
- 08:43 Zsa Zsa, the English bulldog, named the World’s Ugliest Dog