Beating Birmingham City 'doesn't mean anything' - Gary Rowett reacts to Derby's win over Blues
Gary Rowett says victory at Birmingham City ‘doesn’t mean anything’.
Former Blues boss Rowett returned for the second time since his shock sacking 13 months ago and left victorious by a three-goal margin.
Rowett was sacked with Blues sitting on the cusp of the Championship play-offs last season and replaced later the same day by Gianfranco Zola.
But despite the history, Rowett is adamant it means nothing more than victories over the other 22 Championship teams.
“It doesn’t mean anything,” Rowett said. “I’m not going to sit here and say that this is so much more special.
“Of course it’s nice... read more
- 16:33 Sneaton Castle for sale for first time since 1915
- 16:33 Council officials issue advice over firm claiming Hartlepool...
- 16:33 Andrew Gwynne visits Hull - this is what he said about Hull council...
- 16:32 Fallen trees blocking roads in Kenilworth, Warwick and Princethorpe
- 16:31 Chelsea ace Ethan Ampadu sends message to Maurizio Sarri after...
- 16:31 Thornhill denied as Oulton drop goal snatches victory
- 16:31 Focusing on festival exhibits
- 16:31 Doncaster Council promise system overhaul after they ‘failed’...
- 16:31 Freedom of the borough nomination for former Doncaster council...
- 16:31 ‘The Milligan Papers’ is coming to Louth Riverhead Theatre
- 16:31 Two people arrested after door-to-door sales in Louth and Coningsby
- 16:31 Clumber Park closes early as Storm Ali hits
- 16:29 Elderly woman suffers minor injuries after fall 'caused by wind'
- 16:28 Lancaster film-maker’s martial arts zombie movie makes big screen...
- 16:28 Skegness Hospital: Work to begin on £190,000 project to improve...
- 16:28 Storm Ali brings down Derbyshire trees and blocks roads
- 16:27 Bouncy castle tester wanted for world's largest inflatable obstacle...
- 16:27 French magazine loses appeal over Duchess of Cambridge topless photos
- 16:26 Fallen trees blocking roads in Kenilworth, Warwick and Princethorpe
- 16:26 Barnsley teen injured in Smiler crash sues Alton Tower’s owners
- 16:26 Kirkby teen on stab charge faces trial
- 16:26 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Nottinghamshire
- 16:23 Lampard backs young Derby County duo for England selection
- 16:21 Arsenal ace Stephan Lichtsteiner sends message to Unai Emery, makes...
- 16:20 French scoops player of year after Sharks edged out in final game...
- 16:19 Travelling circus closed after performer dies in ‘tragic...
- 16:18 Former Whitehaven mayor loses fight for medals
- 16:18 VIDEO: Choir kickstarts campaign to promote good winter health in...
- 16:18 'Hope she goes on to win it!' - messages of support for Courtney...
- 16:17 New record Cooke-d up at Derwent Dash