Batley shopowners in council dispute over safety bollards
The owners of a family-run shop in Batley are in a dispute with Kirklees Council over the implementation of safety measures designed to protect their customers.
White Lee Off-Licence, on Leeds Old Road, has had vehicles crash into its shopfront four times in as many years, devastating the shop floor and, on one occasion, missing a parent and toddler by seconds.
Ashika Patel, daughter of owners Kiran and Hasu, said that aside from the cost of the bollards, the family have been told they are unable to build the extra measures on publicly-owned pavement outside the shop.
Ashika said: “It’s... read more
- 09:28 What Twitter says about people from the Black Country
- 09:28 This is how much Brits will have to pay to travel to the EU after...
- 09:27 'We pay more because it's the right thing to do' Scots attack Tory...
- 09:26 This is how Doncaster is gearing up to help the homeless during the...
- 09:26 Firefighters dodge needles and human excrement in drug den fire
- 09:26 Burnley pensioner suffers serious injuries following car collision
- 09:26 3 arrested by police after 100mph police pursuit
- 09:26 Researchers put solar panels in clothing for phone charging on-the-go
- 09:26 Arsenal star Lucas Torreira benefiting from one of Arsene Wenger’s...
- 09:25 Firefighters tackling underground peat fire at Scarborough Road,...
- 09:25 Championship transfer rumours: Leeds United midfielder linked with...
- 09:25 Funds approved for apprenticeship scheme could unlock £750,000
- 09:25 Three arrested after 100mph chase through Nuneaton
- 09:24 Football transfer rumours: Ben Chilwell to Manchester City for £50m?
- 09:24 Seahouses crew take delivery of new fire engine
- 09:23 Recycle your Christmas tree and support Willowbrook Hospice
- 09:22 Newborn baby dies month after being attacked by parents’ dogs
- 09:22 Killer whales filmed playing next to woman swimming overhead
- 09:21 Letters: Derek Mackay’s Robin Hood budget could bring him an arrow...
- 09:21 Intouch Games crowned Digital Business of the Year at West Midlands...
- 09:20 Self-driving car test centre for Harborough
- 09:19 Footie5 predictions - how you can win £25k for free
- 09:19 Watch gang swoop and nick £300k jewellery - in 50 seconds
- 09:19 Man Utd news: Dimitar Berbatov reveals bad news for Jose Mourinho...
- 09:19 Burnley Colour Dash raises thousands for Pendleside Hospice
- 09:18 Kurdish-led fighters take last Isis stronghold in Syria, activists say
- 09:17 Jason Oswell’s progress delights Morecambe boss Jim Bentley
- 09:15 Five-week-old baby boy dies after Yaxley dog attack
- 09:14 Britain issued with heavy snow forecast as blizzards sweep country
- 09:13 YEP Says: Let’s ensure Leeds red light scheme is made to succeed