‘Basil’ the final member of Hatton Garden heist jailed for 10 years
The Hatton Garden ringleader, dubbed ‘Basil’, has been jailed for 10 years after evading capture for years.
It comes four years after alarm specialist Michael Seed, 58, carried out the £14 million heist.
Seed – who pays no taxes, claims no benefits and rarely uses a bank account – managed to stay on the run for three years before police raided his flat, in Islington, north London on 27 March last year.
He is believed to have let himself into the building – around two miles away from his flat – in London’s diamond district, using a set of keys before tapping into the security system.
Seed... read more
- 02:11 Cyclone Trevor lashes Northern Territory coast with destructive winds
- 02:11 Bernie Sanders visit shows California could hold key to 2020 victory
- 02:11 Mueller report: special counsel delivers findings of Trump-Russia...
- 01:44 Tom Richmond: This is a national emergency so why is Parliament not...
- 01:40 Patrick Mercer: Dignity in New Zealand contrats with decay and...
- 01:36 David Behrens: After the deluge, thoughts of spring spread a little...
- 01:36 Mike Padgham: Ignoring care crisis won’t make it go away as less...
- 01:30 Christchurch attack: Al Noor mosque handed back to Muslim leaders
- 01:26 Britain's Got Talent in shock over tragic suicide of dancer Jack...
- 01:23 The Yorkshire Post says: Time for MPs to face up to reality on...
- 01:20 Brexit: What are indicative votes?
- 01:20 Ronnie Pickering among Hull's 'alternative heritage' honours
- 01:20 Jewellery from Bronze Age a 'notable' find
- 01:20 Far-right terror poses 'biggest threat' to north of England
- 01:15 'Dire consequences': lawyers aghast at Queensland's new definition...
- 01:15 What do you want to know about the Mueller report? Guardian...
- 00:56 Killer sudoku 650
- 00:52 Uri Geller promises to stop Brexit using telepathy
- 00:52 Why are nets appearing over trees and hedges?
- 00:52 'Reading bedtime stories helped me survive prison'
- 00:51 Euro 2020 qualifiers: France turn on the style but Portugal held to...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: Lasting legacy of policing pioneer Chief...
- 00:34 Six common driving errors that could end up costing you big
- 00:34 What is Leicestershire's motto and what does it mean?
- 00:34 The Chase, Pointless, Deal or No Deal? This is the TV game show...
- 00:34 These are 10 of the best driving schools in Leicester according to...
- 00:34 Detailed images of baby heart inside the womb
- 00:33 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:33 Asian gold: More than £140m stolen in UK in last five years
- 00:33 Grenfell council spends more than £90k on bosses' bonuses