Bare-knuckle boxer wins biggest fight of career just 72 hours after chopping off part of his finger
A bare-knuckle boxer won the biggest fight of his career in front of a sell-out arena crowd just 72 hours after chopping off part of his finger.
Mickey Parker was left in agony when a gust of wind slammed his front door shut at his home, severing the tip of his index finger in the horrifying accident.
When the 35-year-old arrived at hospital, he was told he would need surgery to fix his finger, but he refused to have it done until after his big fight at the O2 Arena in London.
Despite the stomach-churning accident, heavyweight fighter Mickey was still able to overcome his opponent Scott... read more
- 10:07 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 10:06 Man Utd news: Barcelona accept Paul Pogba defeat but WILL launch...
- 10:06 Liverpool news: Roberto Firmino sends fierce title warning to Man...
- 10:06 Police descend on 'severe' A158 crash involving combine harvester
- 10:06 Transfer News LIVE updates: Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool,...
- 10:06 Police discover body of man, 36, in Boston
- 10:05 Sheffield mum found dead in Ibiza was Manchester terror attack...
- 10:03 Man living in a caravan near abandoned quarry for FIVE years...
- 10:03 Barrow clothes bank offers to help as it is revealed parents spend...
- 10:02 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 10:01 Thieves use stolen tractor to bulldoze wall and steal cash machine
- 09:58 "Large amount" of pound coins stolen during burglary in Penrith
- 09:55 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 09:54 How they rated: Who impressed for Preston North End in their draw...
- 09:54 Stevenage 1-0 Morecambe - Shrimps remain without a goal or a point...
- 09:54 Backstreet Boys fans hurt in Oklahoma storm
- 09:51 Fire at disused primary school
- 09:51 Searches begin for boy, 12, missing from Leicestershire village
- 09:50 William Miller: how I failed to get away from my famous father
- 09:50 Irvine Welsh: ‘I thought Trainspotting would be a cult book, but...
- 09:49 How Manchester United could line up without Alexis Sanchez...
- 09:47 Hartlepool United player ratings: How did Pools perform v Maidenhead?
- 09:41 Leeds West Indian Carnival 2018: Focus should be on heritage and...
- 09:38 The big picture: Muholi’s searching gaze
- 09:39 Man arrested after Sutton stabbing
- 09:38 He read the news all day, oh boy: how Beatles ‘froze out’ George...
- 09:34 Meet Northumbria Police's newest recruit - Shire horse Harrison
- 09:32 Opinions are divided on what should happen to Wigton bank
- 09:29 Are holiday homes ruining the British seaside?
- 09:28 Motorcyclist killed in tragic accident