Barclays flagged Libor problems to Fed in 2007
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York was pushed to release the documents amid a furore that was touched off when Barclays late last month agreed to pay $453 million (290.7 million pounds) in fines for attempting to manipulate Libor.
Libor, or the London interbank offered rate, is calculated daily in London when panels of banks submit estimates of how much it costs them to borrow. It is a major index that helps judge the health of banks and influences rates from mortgages to student loans to credit cards.
Since Barclays' settlement, U.S. and UK lawmakers have demanded to know whether... read more
- 13:14 Michelle Obama enters midterms race with drive to register voters
- 13:14 Call second independence referendum by March, SNP MP says
- 13:14 Trump attorney Rudolph Giuliani: US sympathizes with Iran regime...
- 13:14 Russian passport leak after Salisbury may reveal spy methods
- 13:13 Couple with Down’s syndrome son raffle off £1.75m house, as he...
- 13:12 Meghan Markle hid first date memento on wedding dress
- 13:12 Have you seen missing Gaynor Cooke?
- 13:10 Electrical fire at launderette
- 13:09 Swiss voters 'reject fair food plans'
- 13:08 Daughter of millionaire toy tycoon, 15, died on British Airways...
- 13:08 Sunshine returning to Derbyshire following Storm Bronagh barrage
- 13:06 Have you seen missing Gaynor Cooke?
- 13:05 Thomas Jones: Hunt for missing Worcester student
- 13:05 Girl with allergy dies after airport Pret baguette
- 13:05 Sunshine returning to Derbyshire following Storm Bronagh barrage
- 13:04 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 13:03 Man, 70, remains in 'critical condition' after being hit by car...
- 13:02 Murdered North Yorkshire Police officer: Memorial is unveiled
- 13:02 Kilmarnock vs Celtic LIVE STREAM: How to watch Scottish Premiership...
- 13:02 West Ham vs Chelsea line ups: Marko Arnautovic OUT, Maurizio Sarri...
- 13:01 The Nidderdale Voices column with Trevor Stoney
- 13:01 Coffee morning to discuss Quakers
- 13:01 Heading here
- 12:59 Sunshine returning to Nottinghamshire this week following Storm...
- 12:59 Police appeal after suspected stabbing in Rainworth
- 12:57 Hayabusa2: Japanese robots land on moving asteroid in world first
- 12:57 Saints centre Symons faces scan on knee injury
- 12:57 Opposition view: Bath boss Blackadder admits Saints were a tough...
- 12:55 Everton news: Why Theo Walcott should have re-joined Southampton -...
- 12:55 Man Utd fans think Jose Mourinho SLAMMED Romelu Lukaku after Wolves...