Barcelona’s own-goal luck continues, James Milner rules supreme in assists and Gabriel Jesus endures quiet night at Anfield: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – SIX THINGS YOU MISSED
Liverpool tore apart Manchester City at Anfield, winning 3-0 to seize control of their quarter-final tie ahead of the second leg at the Etihad.
Three goals inside the first 30 minutes from Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxalde-Chamberlain and Sadio Mane gave Jurgen Klopp’s men a comprehensive early lead. Pep Guardiola’s side offered little in the way of an attacking threat in the second half, giving Liverpool a commanding victory and a clean sheet to take to Manchester.
Barcelona all-but secured their place in the semi-finals with a dominant victory against Roma at the Nou Camp but were helped out... read more
- 12:17 Voluntary sector strength in north Northumberland is demonstrated
- 10:22 'Last chance' to save 'too tall' Stoke-on-Trent house
- 10:22 Girlfriend of man with fake Popeye arms wants him to get...
- 14:18 VIDEO: Police on the scene of Birmingham Road incident
- 10:43 Thousands of Brits could get £10,000 in benefits compensation after...
- 12:17 Motorcyclist killed in collision on the A15 Leasingham named
- 12:20 Watch: Drugged-up teen smashes into car in police chase
- 12:17 Live as 'power cut' hits large section of Hull city centre
- 14:18 BBC 'plan' as the region proves poor relation once more
- 14:18 Police use baton round and Taser to bring down armed suspect before...
- 14:18 NHS boss wants Lancashire learning disability unit closed
- 12:17 Drivers warned of ‘white van tan’ dangers as UK continues to heat up
- 14:18 Mum wins fight for daughter’s education
- 14:18 The Politically Speaking column with Tracy Brabin MP
- 14:18 New TV probe into death at Hucknall men’s holiday apartment
- 12:17 Roy Keane 'tempted to foul child' in throwback vid with 12-year-old...
- 12:20 There really was a bull in a Lancashire china shop
- 12:20 Hope Akpan helped make Sean Scannell's mind up to move from...
- 12:17 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A19
- 14:18 School says goodbye to long-serving head
- 12:20 Armed robbery at Sutton pawnbrokers
- 12:20 Man wielding longbow arrested in Rugby
- 12:17 School’s global community project in 2008
- 12:17 Burnley ultra-marathon man set for 3,000-mile charity challenge
- 12:17 Fun for all the family at Clowne Gala
- 12:17 Driver who ran over Chris Boardman's mum to face new trial
- 12:17 Carlisle's A689 bypass reopens following two-vehicle crash
- 12:17 Impatient BMW driver with PN15 numberplate avoids Doncaster traffic...
- 12:17 Special investigation: Hidden epidemic of military suicides
- 12:17 Police investigation after Ellesmere Port pensioner, 82, dies in M6...