Banned driver crashed into tree during rush-hour police chase
A banned driver crashed his car into a tree as he tried to escape police during a chase through rush-hour traffic.
Darren Lindsay refused to stop for police when officers spotted him driving dangerously on his way to work.
At the time of the incident, July 19 this year, Lindsay was banned from driving as he had not taken an extended re-test after receiving a driving conviction in 2014.
Olivia Murray, prosecuting, said Lindsay was seen driving his Peugeot through Castleford close behind the vehicle in front of him.
He then sped off when officers put on blue lights and sirens, reaching 50mph... read more
- 13:00 Nemanja Matic an injury doubt for Manchester United’s trip to Chelsea
- 13:00 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:59 Budding actors take to the stage in society’s first youth production
- 12:59 E-fit released of two men following burglary at house in Cleethorpes
- 12:59 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 12:59 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:57 £17million pub industry in Hartlepool facing beer tax hit
- 12:56 More than 500 businesses slapped with food hygiene warnings in...
- 12:56 Kettering and Corby shops caught selling knives to under-18s
- 12:56 We've all be grating cheese wrong, but here's how to do it properly
- 12:56 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 12:56 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 12:55 Drugs and cash seized as police make arrest over gunmen on...
- 12:54 Dark web paedophile Matthew Falder's sentence reduced
- 12:54 Russell Bishop 'murdered two Brighton schoolgirls in 1986'
- 12:54 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:54 Sexual objectification of men could become a hate crime
- 12:54 Tommy Ward must play waiting game with next fight date and opponent...
- 12:54 Disrespectful vandal decapitates First World War memorials in Ashfield
- 12:53 Woman, 92, in critical condition in hospital after being struck...
- 12:53 Arts ahead: October 16 2018
- 12:53 Lack of Leeds flood defence funding could put lives and businesses...
- 12:53 Louth school celebrates record pupil numbers
- 12:52 How you can help design Leeds’ new £13m mental health unit for...
- 12:52 John Bercow urged to quit after Commons bullying inquiry
- 12:51 Spooky colouring contest at Methley and Pontefract developments
- 12:50 Diogo Jota on his Wolves gamble: 'In Portugal many people didn’t...
- 12:50 Pictures: Dean Smith, Richard O'Kelly and John Terry get their...
- 12:50 M40 crash leaves three dead after car towing a caravan driven wrong...
- 12:50 This is what Swansea boss Graham Potter is expecting from Aston...