Ban on protests outside abortion clinic gets backing from MPs
Most MPs support a council’s decision to introduce ‘buffer zones’ to prevent anti-abortionists from demonstrating outside a clinic, a poll has revealed.
The survey of 101 parliamentarians found that 57 per cent backed Ealing Council on taking action against protesters outside a Marie Stopes clinic in the London borough.
Clare Murphy, director of external affairs at British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) said: ‘A clear majority of MPs support action on anti-abortion clinic protests.’
When asked, 24 per cent of MPs said they opposed the decision, according to the poll carried out by YouGov... read more
- 04:46 Nuno pays Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho a compliment as star...
- 04:46 Latest twist in Birmingham City's FFP wrangle as Leeds chief sends...
- 04:43 Syracuse New York shooting 'leaves seven injured'
- 04:41 £5million work on 2 major Leicester junctions is starting soon
- 04:32 Kerryn Phelps backflips to preference Liberals over Labor in...
- 04:16 Australia could launch legal challenge to Japan's 'scientific'...
- 04:15 Jair Bolsonaro: Why Brazilian women are saying #NotHim
- 03:51 Amazon's Alexa knows what you forgot and can guess what you're...
- 03:50 Susie Dent reveals the origins of English rainy-day phrases
- 03:50 UKIP bids to be 'radical, populist' party
- 03:08 Cat killer mystery solved, but how do we keep our pets safe?
- 03:01 US imposes sanctions on China for buying Russian weapons
- 02:56 Brexit: 'No deal' without EU compromise, says Grayling
- 02:55 Australia emu video investigated for 'horrific cruelty'
- 02:12 Knife crime: Can Chicago's model cure London's violence?
- 01:48 Syria war: Seized foreign IS fighters 'must be taken home'
- 01:48 Suge Knight faces 28 years in jail after admitting manslaughter
- 01:47 'I gave birth, and got Hepatitis C'
- 01:45 Universities warned over potentially misleading claims
- 01:38 Imprisoned suffragette letter discovered
- 01:36 Mission implausible: Russians mock improbable spy duo
- 01:28 Reality Check: Holyhead's Brexit dilemma
- 01:20 Was Prezzo Salisbury poisoning a hoax?
- 01:20 Strictly dancers to go on strike?
- 01:15 Morrison defends $1.2bn 'slush fund' for Catholic and independent...
- 01:15 British museums face fight to gain control of Titanic artefacts
- 00:58 All the plastic you can and cannot recycle
- 00:55 Why is IVF so popular in Denmark?
- 00:54 How China's GPS 'rival' Beidou is plotting to go global
- 00:53 Anthony Joshua feeling 'tons of pressure' but will find a way to...