Bahraini Arab spring dissidents sue UK spyware maker
A British spyware manufacturer is facing legal action from Bahraini dissidents over allegations it sold products to Bahrain knowing they would be used to crack down on protests during the Arab spring.
Gamma Group sold the Bahraini government its “FinFisher” software, which infects and spies on a target computer, despite numerous press and NGO reports about human rights crimes in the country, according to a letter of claim sent to the company last week.
A lawyer for Gamma said that no evidence of the company’s participation in human rights abuse had ever been produced and that the claim... read more
- 12:36 Tell us: are you taking part in the people's vote march?
- 12:35 Temporary traffic lights set for Leeds Road as £500,000 gas works...
- 12:35 Dog control notices ineffective
- 12:34 Air ambulance arrives at crash site on major Wigan road
- 12:34 Dragons v Northampton Saints: Tom Vickers' big match preview
- 12:33 Lidl staff called police on couple trying to buy gin while shopping...
- 12:33 Cycling group gathers pace
- 12:33 Temporary traffic lights set for Leeds Road as £500,000 gas works...
- 12:33 Temperatures to drop below freezing as cold weather starts to...
- 12:32 Woman becomes friends with the stranger who saved her life with CPR
- 12:32 Bar Fox: A ‘hidden gem’ Art Deco rooftop bar in Leicester Square
- 12:32 The Conners' TV audience slumps by 43% minus Rosanne
- 12:32 Pizza plans could create 60 new jobs
- 12:32 Arsenal news: Jack Wilshere issues warning to Gunners over Aaron...
- 12:31 Melton schoolchildren at Swallowdale learn about healthy eating...
- 12:31 Leicester explosion: Men appear in court accused of murder and...
- 12:30 Let’s abolish school holidays. It’ll save you feeding the children
- 12:29 North York Moors National Park backs bid to protect star quality
- 12:29 Greedy George the giraffe celebrates his birthday
- 12:29 5,000 poppies decorate Saint Mary's Church in Whitby for World War...
- 12:29 Temporary traffic lights set for Leeds Road as £500,000 gas works...
- 12:29 Special report: Merseyside has just entered its most brutal run of...
- 12:28 Keira Knightley bans daughter from watching certain Disney films
- 12:28 McCain 10k race returns to Scarborough's streets this weekend
- 12:28 Woman injured in major collision in Derbyshire
- 12:28 Mexican chain Chilango to open inside former Birmingham bank
- 12:28 Live updates as Tesco's budget store Jack's opens in Rubery
- 12:27 Botanist finally reveals Coventry opening date
- 12:27 Tiny companion phone released in Japan
- 12:26 The best bits as Preston North End winger Tom Barkhuizen spoke to...