BAE's Thunderbirds are go! New centre celebrates defence giant's heritage at military factory
BAE has opened a new centre to celebrate its heritage at its military aircraft factory in Warton, Lancashire.
It has more than one million historical documents and artefacts in its stores and forgotten Thunderbirds-type designs made by British engineers in the 1960s have been brought to life. More... UK defence and aerospace firms battle for overseas orders at the 50th Paris Air Show in light of swingeing military budget cuts BAE Systems merger adversaries honoured by the Queen
They include a hypersonic space-plane, nicknamed Mustard, pictured, which is capable of travelling at five times... read more
- 01:46 Pebbles and penguins: The Falklands island up for sale
- 01:40 The secret life of a fantasy shopper
- 01:40 London violence: 'Concerns' over crime reduction plan
- 01:40 Ambulance vandalism: Bins and scooters used in attacks
- 01:40 Josh Clayton's mother blames police for 'three years of torment'
- 01:28 Mobile phones to be banned in NSW public primary schools
- 01:28 Nancy Pelosi on track to become House speaker after agreeing to...
- 01:23 Stratford MP reacts to Prime Minister May’s survival
- 01:16 David Dimbleby's 25 years on Question Time
- 01:12 Morrison government announces new federal anti-corruption commission
- 00:58 How MPs reacted to Theresa May's no confidence vote victory
- 00:55 Restaurant dishes 'contain more calories than fast-food meals'
- 00:55 Lake Titicaca: Underwater museum brings hope to shores
- 00:55 Strasbourg shooting: Face to face with gunman
- 00:55 Trump Russia affair: Key questions answered
- 00:52 England's primary school league tables to be published
- 00:50 With three D grades at A-level, 80% got university places
- 00:47 Les Misérables with 'contemporary relevance' to air on BBC
- 00:47 BBC's new EastEnders set over budget by £27m, watchdog finds
- 00:43 Nick Philippoussis child rape charges dropped after stroke
- 00:43 Jayne Dowle: Stop playing political games and start waking up to...
- 00:40 Briefing battle begins over meaning of May's victory
- 00:37 The Yorkshire Post says: Back in the real world – how, thanks to...
- 00:30 'If the factory closes what could I afford to eat?'
- 00:30 Marmite sprouts? Why retailers are pushing the boundaries with...
- 00:30 Hamleys pulls slime toy amid safety fears
- 00:30 Why are there so many pre Christmas sales?
- 00:27 Jail for Brighouse knife man who attacked two men in Wyke
- 00:25 Injured Aaron Mooy ruled out of Socceroos' Asian Cup defence
- 00:25 José Mourinho: we missed out at Valencia but it’s still been a success