Baby covered in red birthmarks after surviving a stroke when he was born
A mum has told of how her baby survived a stroke when he was born and the joy of finding out that his spots were only birthmarks.
Meagan Wright, from Alberta, Canada, was rushed into an emergency C-section, just 32-weeks into her pregnancy, after an ultrasound scan showed a bright spot on her son Dominic’s liver.
The first glimpse she had of him, Dominic was blue, covered and red spots and he wasn’t crying, with doctors warning her that he may never wake up.
The 32-year-old told of her panic: ‘I thought the worst, but then he let out the weakest cry. I saw him only out of the corner of my... read more
- 13:37 Billy Slater guides Storm to NRL final but could face suspension
- 13:37 Josh Gordon may turn out to be Bill Belichick's greatest ever trade
- 13:37 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang compared to Thierry Henry by fans after...
- 13:37 Latest weather warning includes flooding for Sunday
- 13:37 Tony Xia has NOT sold his remaining Aston Villa shares - here's...
- 13:36 TV show ‘No Offence’ to show some familiar faces from Wakefield
- 13:36 Date set for demolition of burned-out Liverpool ECHO arena car park
- 13:36 Punk music night will help Lancaster neuro charity
- 13:34 Ukip leader Gerard Batten denies taking party to the far right
- 13:34 Theresa May to make Brexit statement outside No 10 - live
- 13:34 YP Letters: Vince Cable has lost my vote for good
- 13:33 Latest weather warning includes flooding for Sunday
- 13:32 Theresa May to make statement after EU leaders reject Brexit plan
- 13:32 Latest weather warning includes flooding for Sunday
- 13:31 Woman charged in connection with murder of massage parlour boss
- 13:31 Latest weather warning includes flooding for Sunday
- 13:31 Man wanted over theft of cash from van parked in Doncaster street
- 13:30 Jurgen Klopp hints he is ready to pick new-look Liverpool strike force
- 13:30 Jurgen Klopp hits out at Mohamed Salah critics after water bottle...
- 13:30 Woman charged in connection with murder of massage parlour boss
- 13:30 TV show ‘No Offence’ to show some familiar faces from Wakefield
- 13:29 Second doctor at Queen Elizabeth Hospital dies in tragic circumstances
- 13:29 Worcester University 'pulling together' as hunt resumes for missing...
- 13:29 Hebridean Pride hits back at church’s ‘sad and shameful’ slur
- 13:27 Latest weather warning includes flooding for Sunday
- 13:27 British beer lovers reveal what the perfect pint should look like
- 13:26 Team get on their bikes for Lancaster neuro centre
- 13:26 Hayabusa-2: Japan hopes for historic asteroid landing
- 13:26 Latest weather warning includes flooding for Sunday
- 13:25 Son of prominent Welsh politician jailed for rape