Avocado advert that ‘trivialised domestic violence’ is cleared
An advert featuring a man angrily telling a woman to eat fewer avocados has been cleared following complaints it trivialised domestic violence.
The television advertisement for credit score app ClearScore in June showed the man taking an avocado seed out of a recycling box and appearing to shake with rage.
In the video, he says: ‘What’s this? We’re saving for a house deposit in London, not splashing the cash on avocado.’
Appearing frightened, the woman replied: ‘I know, but since using the ClearScore app I’ve been tracking all our finances in one place so, eating an avocado just made... read more
- 04:00 Welcome to North Macedonia: parliament votes for name change
- 03:52 Justine Greening: Time for some hard truths – Brexit should not...
- 03:41 Brexit EU summit: The week the talks got stuck in spinach
- 03:41 Who was the real Granny Smith?
- 03:00 Axe-wielding man jailed following Derbyshire pub fight
- 02:27 This is the latest high street chain set to open a store in...
- 02:27 Who’s been sentenced at Northampton Magistrates’ Court
- 01:36 Tom Richmond: Dodging urgent questions on Universal Credit – Esther...
- 01:33 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:31 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:16 One Nigerian woman's mission to save Lagos beaches and turtles from...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: A shop window. The true value of...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: The national interest. One Yorkshire...
- 01:07 Birmingham wall collapse death families 'await answers'
- 01:07 Rose-coloured starling watchers descend on house near Norwich
- 01:04 Chelsea to thrash Man Utd, Wembley embarrassment, West Ham impress...
- 01:04 Chelsea vs Man United: Maurizio Sarri makes surprise admission...
- 01:03 Woman turns to Facebook to find a sperm donor
- 01:03 Chris Pine kept up Scottish accent after filming
- 01:03 Living outside Scottish cities 'saves money'
- 01:03 Jasmine Rook: Falmouth student and transgender campaigner took own...
- 01:03 Wrong-name Cambridge Half Marathon winner can re-apply
- 00:57 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:57 Facebook fake review factories uncovered by Which? investigation
- 00:57 The People’s Vote march: when, where and why it is happening
- 00:52 Fake moon: Could China really light up the night sky?
- 00:52 Mission to Mercury: BepiColombo spacecraft ready for launch
- 00:47 Two men charged with murder after death of man in Battersea
- 00:26 Talking Horses: Blinkered Cracksman remains a serious threat at Ascot
- 00:17 Killer sudoku 628