Australian hotel chain plans landmark site at Five Ways in Birmingham
An Australian hospitality chain is behind £100 million plans to develop a landmark luxury hotel on one of Birmingham’s most run-down city centre sites.
The Sydney-based StayWell Group and its investment arm Seven Capital want to convert the derelict Auchinleck House office block into a four-star hotel and conference centre and revamp the run-down Edgbaston Five Ways shopping complex.
The 1962-built 12-storey tower block has been largely empty for several years and a number of attempts to redevelop the site, either as offices, or apartments, have faltered.
But Staywell, which owns a string... read more
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows
- 00:13 Scientists eavesdrop on disappearing sea trout
- 00:13 Pupils' great reaction to school science week
- 00:03 WATCH: Dave Seddon's verdict on Preston North End's 2-2 draw with...
- 00:03 Tyson Fury's clash with Deontay Wilder confirmed after victory over...
- 00:02 Lib Dem veteran Ming Campbell urges SNP to back EUref2