Aston Villa pick up first Championship win of 2017 against Derby County despite late red card for Leandro Bacuna for 'headbutt'
Aston Villa finally got back to winning ways after a goal from James Chester on 25 minutes proved enough to beat Derby County and end a five-match losing streak.
Villa midfielder Leandro Bacuna, though, was shown a red card following a coming together with the assistant referee in stoppage time.
Seventh-placed Fulham meanwhile closed the gap on the play-off places after a 2-2 draw at Cardiff.
The visitors took the lead on 17 minutes through Stefan Johansen following a counter-attack.
Cardiff, though, were soon level when in-form Kenneth Zohore equalised just seven minutes later.
The Danish... read more
- 00:43 Farewell to Wayne Rooney brought cheers and a hymn to the new age
- 00:43 Steve Smith and David Warner welcomed back by IPL teams
- 00:43 Talking Horses: Cheltenham's autumn meeting puts jumping at centre...
- 00:43 Jarryd Hayne reportedly under investigation over allegations of...
- 00:43 Wayne Rooney tears stop Gareth Southgate’s England dressing-down
- 00:41 Missing Sandra Gant: Family 'have to accept she died'
- 00:41 Homeless family in Cornwall rehoused 13 times in 18 weeks
- 00:36 John Kerry: Europe must tackle climate change or face migration chaos
- 00:35 'How Amazon helped me transition to a woman'
- 00:33 How 'miniature suns' could provide cheap, clean energy
- 00:32 Flu vaccine delays for over-65s 'resolved by weekend'
- 00:29 Winstanley House, Get Busy Living Centre and New Lubbesthorpe among...
- 00:24 Khmer Rouge leaders face 'Nuremberg judgment' on genocide charges
- 00:24 Zuckerberg: I didn't know of Facebook ties to firm attacking George...
- 00:16 Black Friday tech deals 2018: early Amazon UK offers on games...
- 00:13 All the winners in Hull Daily Mail Business Awards 2018 after a...
- 00:10 Top tips to avoid being scammed on Black Friday
- 00:10 Amazon kicks of Black Friday week with huge slew of Alexa and...
- 00:10 Amazon staff prepare for the onslaught of the UK’s Black...
- 00:05 Overhaul of cancer screening after computer errors revealed
- 00:05 V&A Dundee wins Dundee Institute of Architects’ supreme award
- 23:57 Michael Cheika puts faith in Wallabies rookie Jordan Petaia for...
- 23:55 Roger Federer accepts existence of conflicts of interest in tennis
- 23:54 Florida: Senate race stays on knife edge as hand recount ordered
- 23:54 Homeless man and couple ‘completely made up’ viral story that...
- 23:44 Croatia stun Spain to set up Nations League decider against England
- 23:42 Theresa May under pressure after Gove rejects Brexit Secretary job
- 23:23 Gordon Taylor faces challenge after call for independent review of PFA
- 23:19 Brazil: calls for TV tycoon to be pulled off air after offensive...
- 23:18 Eden Hazard plays impossible pass to create stunning goal for...