Aston Martin eyes £600million China deal
THE chief executive of Gaydon-based luxury car maker Aston Martin is eyeing a £600million trade and investment drive in China.
Dr Andy Palmer announced the five-year plan during a visit to China by a UK business delegation accompanying British Prime Minister Theresa May.
The company has seen a huge increase in demand for its cars in China and that is expected to grow with the new Vantage and the introduction of the company’s first SUV in 2019.
It will open a new concept city centre showroom in Beijing, and by the end of this year will have ten new and refurbished showrooms in Wuhan,... read more
- 01:43 Lazio fans tell women to stay away from stadium's 'sacred space'
- 01:43 Imran Khan ditches hundreds of servants as part of Pakistan...
- 01:33 Dramatic fall in number of civil partnerships in Lincolnshire
- 01:32 Michael Cohen under investigation for $20m bank fraud – report
- 01:18 'I broke every bone in my face - and survived'
- 01:18 Northamptonshire County Council 'bought rugby hospitality box'
- 01:14 Lombok: deadly quake hits island recovering from string of tremors
- 01:12 Jobcentre joke is the funniest at the Fringe
- 01:12 Exhibition for the man who created the first map of Wales
- 01:12 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 01:07 Funniest Edinburgh Fringe 2018 joke revealed as comedian's 'brain...
- 01:05 Daniel Bryan: WWE star reveals new contract decision ahead of...
- 01:03 Britain to stop funding Free Syria opposition as Assad closes in
- 01:01 South Tyneside Council vehicles rack up £181,000 in accident bills
- 00:54 Cockermouth's former youth hostel sees sale complete
- 00:52 ‘There is no defence for that’ – Paul Scholes hits out at...
- 00:52 Roger Federer names Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal as US Open...
- 00:47 MoJ seizes control of Birmingham prison from G4S
- 00:45 Were these Manchester's daftest ever ideas?
- 00:44 Rise in power bills expected despite government cap
- 00:44 British manufacturing output slips to ninth globally behind France
- 00:37 Our sporting pride
- 00:37 Leigh strike late to break Trojan hearts
- 00:32 Soup kitchens and start-ups: Greek bailout era ends
- 00:30 Rogue states and terrorists could use technological advances to...
- 00:29 'It never entered my mind that I wasn't coming back'
- 00:28 Demand for answers over controversial rail police merger
- 00:28 Jeremy Corbyn accused of betrayal over post-Brexit ‘renaissance’...
- 00:27 Colombia's improbable reef offers hope for coral worldwide
- 00:27 Gladbeck: The deadly hostage drama where the media crossed a line