Asthma sufferers warned before returning to school
Children with asthma should be reminded to use their inhalers regularly before returning to school to help prevent a spike in September hospital admissions, says the Royal College of Nurses (RCN).
Asthma-related hospital admissions have increased significantly in school-age children in September in recent years.
The RCN says a lack of regular routine over the school holidays means many youngsters forget to use their inhaler.
This leaves them less in control of their symptoms and more vulnerable.
Asthma is the most common long-term medical condition in children, affecting 1.1 million, or one... read more
- 18:09 ‘Dangerous criminal’ has more time added to sentence for vicious...
- 18:09 ‘Widespread support’ for work of Johnston Press journalists
- 18:09 Man has been banned from doing this in every single Hull street
- 18:08 Instagram stalker's locked up on remand for two months is sentenced...
- 18:06 California wildfires: Concern over rain in search efforts
- 18:05 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi' fountain could flow again in Birmingham
- 18:05 Birmingham City favourite has made this interesting transfer admission
- 18:05 MDMA makes people more cooperative and forgiving, scientists discover
- 18:05 Bouncers found guilty of attacking rugby legend Shane Williams...
- 18:02 Mystery of Chinese camouflaged car spotted in Warwick
- 18:02 Sky is giving away a free 43" TV with its Black Friday Ultimate On...
- 18:01 Coventry City star marks comeback with a goal as he eyes return to...
- 18:01 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp must sign a midfielder to...
- 18:01 Man Utd news: Injury updates amid potential crisis for Crystal...
- 18:01 Like Norman Foster's gherkin? Meet his cocktail cornichon
- 18:00 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:57 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told to strengthen ONE position...
- 17:56 Northamptonshire's crime commissioner asks: 'Would you pay £2 a...
- 17:53 Salon staff 'beauty shame' teenage customer with cruel comments on...
- 17:53 Drug dealer ordered to pay £21k or do more jail time
- 17:52 Post-Brexit immigration plan would damage UK economy, May told
- 17:51 Major delays as multiple 999 crews rush in after pedestrian is...
- 17:50 Juventus ‘compiling dossier’ on Manchester United star Marcus Rashford
- 17:48 Weekend hockey results
- 17:47 Shipston Home Nursing announces week long pop up
- 17:46 Hospitality graduates show off skills at Celtic Park
- 17:43 Six students at Toronto Catholic school charged with sexual assault
- 17:43 Leeds German Christmas Market carousel's long history
- 17:43 Hyponatraemia Inquiry: GMC investigates two doctors
- 17:41 Police issue statement as man is 'seriously hurt' in Goole attack