Arsenal star Mesut Ozil returns to mock Stoke Police force for 'missing person' jibe after Gunners' revenge
Mesut Ozil has come back to haunt the Stoke Police force after he responded to their mocking of his performance during Arsenal's early-season defeat at the Potters in August.
Following Stoke's surprise 1-0 victory over Arsene Wenger's side almost seven months ago, playmaker Ozil found himself at the centre of critique, with Staffordshire Police leading the way.
Responding to a Tweet, the Staffordshire Police's official Twitter account wrote: 'Apologies for the delay in replying. We've been busy looking for a missing person, surname Ozil. Have you seen him? #Banter'.
RELATED ARTICLES... read more
- 08:40 Nakkiah Lui on gender, race and her new comedy show: ‘What if your...
- 08:40 Sharp Objects recap: season one, episode three – Fix
- 08:39 Rich countries pushing 'dirty energy' in Africa, report claims
- 08:39 One Nation candidate sold debt-laden company to Irish novice...
- 08:39 Japan heatwave prompts concern over conditions for 2020 Olympics
- 08:39 Toronto shooting: woman and gunman dead, 13 injured in Danforth...
- 08:39 Justine Damond: family of Australian shot dead by policeman to file...
- 08:39 Greece and Russia trade barbs in worsening war of words
- 08:39 Three men arrested over acid attack on three-year-old boy
- 08:39 Play shines light on Trojan Horse 'Islamist plot' to run schools
- 08:39 Two quarks for Muster Higgs
- 08:39 Trevor Noah responds to boycott calls over racist joke about...
- 08:39 Monday’s best TV: Storyville: Insha’Allah Democracy; Give It a Year
- 08:39 'Twaddle': librarians respond to suggestion Amazon should replace...
- 08:39 Tim Minchin lands new TV series Upright: 'The show I've been...
- 08:39 David Bowie's first demo track discovered in old bread basket
- 08:39 I'm a bisexual woman who has met a lovely man – but I can’t have...
- 08:39 Diana Penny: Scotland’s tourism and travel businesses are booming
- 08:38 10,000 customers move to ‘democratic’ energy firm
- 08:38 Plan early and avoid debit cards: how to get the most from holiday...
- 08:38 Brian Monteith: A new party offers no guarantees of reversing...
- 08:39 Loris Karius hits back at Liverpool fans who mocked him for...
- 08:38 Leader comment: Turbulent times may demand change
- 08:38 Why didn’t my Eames chairs come up to the mark?
- 08:38 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit puts our fruit farmers in a jam
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea...
- 08:38 Communities could lose out on broadband and mobile coverage
- 08:39 Brazil far-right politician enters presidential race
- 08:38 Wheelchair access row over 100 rail stations
- 08:39 Iker Casillas launches staunch defence of under-fire Liverpool...