Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech still hopeful of Champions League qualification
Despite being 12 points behind bitter rivals Tottenham in the Premier League, the stopper still has hope of catching up.
With eight games to go it would take a monumental collapse from Spurs and Chelsea to allow Arsenal to sneak into fourth place.
But failing that, the Emirates outfit could still qualify for the Champions League by winning the Europa League.
Cech said: “Thanks to the result in Milan we are in a good position to reach the last eight of the Europa League then you carry the chance that you might qualify for the Champions League.
“When you have a run of negative results and it... read more
- 00:43 Feeling hungry? Try out latest recipe from the Magpie Cafe
- 00:31 Wolf Alice: 'Our album is like hummus'
- 00:31 Women 'half as likely' as men to start a business
- 00:29 WATCH: Alex Neil's full press conference ahead of Preston North...
- 00:25 A&E appointments system proposed in NHS targets shakeup
- 00:25 Labour's annual conference to focus on austerity and Brexit
- 00:25 Jeremy Corbyn's spending plan for public services backed by majority
- 00:23 Amazon Echo Dot (2018) hands on review: the perfect Echo entry point
- 00:20 US steps up fight against slave labor 'to safeguard American jobs'
- 00:20 UK's nuclear deterrent infrastructure 'not fit for purpose', say MPs
- 00:18 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood's widow weeps as she admits she...
- 00:11 UK universities 'still inflate their statuses despite crackdown'
- 00:10 India killing: 'My father ordered my husband's murder'
- 00:10 Brett Kavanaugh accuser offers to testify to Senate
- 00:08 Sudoku 4,171 hard
- 00:03 Suge Knight trial: Rap mogul pleads no contest over hit-and-run death
- 00:02 Canada accuses Myanmar of genocide against Rohingya
- 23:58 Man charged with murder after body found in wooded area near...
- 23:48 Whitsundays shark attacks: drum lines to be set as two tourists...
- 23:43 Mexico's president-elect grounded on commercial plane for hours
- 23:25 Mercury Prize 2018: Wolf Alice win for Visions of a Life
- 23:21 Danger to life warning issued as Storm Bronagh set to bring winds...
- 23:17 Unai Emery told to ditch Matteo Guendouzi for Lucas Torreira...
- 23:08 River search for missing Worcester university student
- 23:06 Pheasant shooting to be banned on public land in Wales
- 23:03 Tiger Woods fires a five-under 65 to share East Lake lead with...
- 22:57 Mercury prize 2018: Wolf Alice win for Visions of a Life
- 22:56 Deadly Spanish flu that killed 50 million could return, doctors say
- 22:52 Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10%
- 22:47 Prison worker arrested after drugs found destined for HMP Liverpool