Arsenal call off Thomas Lemar chase as Arsene Wenger switches focus to cutting fringe players from wage bill
Arsenal have all but given up on signing Thomas Lemar from Monaco, accepting that the club are unlikely to sell him until next summer.
Monaco's stance is irrespective of whether Kylian Mbappe, being chased by Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, leaves this month.
And the reality of having to pass on Lemar for now means that Arsenal are unlikely to make any further signings this summer.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next From Manchester United's Angel Gomes to the Stoke starlet... Danny Welbeck praises Arsenal's 'great togetherness' after... Super-subs Ramsey and Giroud fire Gunners to... read more
- 10:51 Police criticised for ignoring complaints
- 10:52 What's on in Coventry and Warwickshire this week?
- 10:51 Thierry Henry emerges as a shock contender to replace Steve Bruce...
- 10:51 I had to pay £90 to change registrar's spelling mistake on my mum's...
- 10:52 Baby joy for brave Charlie Cookson’s parents
- 10:51 VIDEO: South Yorkshire Police issues terrorist attack advice to...
- 10:51 56 pictures of Nineties nights out in summer of 1994
- 10:51 Drugs and weapons seized during Cumbria Police crackdown
- 10:51 Dave Seddon’s pressview
- 10:51 Theft, assault and drugs and driving offences: Magistrates deal...
- 10:52 Paedophile jailed after being caught in undercover police sting...
- 10:52 On track for the busy summer period
- 07:48 West Ham news: Craig Bellamy makes bold Manuel Pellegrini...
- 23:26 Home Office: 'Child spies used against crime when necessary'
- 10:51 Bell’s century earns Bears a tie in thriller
- 10:51 The age you can legally leave children at home alone this summer
- 10:52 Saturday hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 10:51 New Cross Hospital cordoned off as man fights for life after...
- 10:51 Hour-by-hour forecast and when sun will re-appear after wet week
- 10:52 Down Memory Lane – photos from 1995
- 10:51 THE BIG INTERVIEW: International fell and mountain runner Chris...
- 10:51 Motorways in South Yorkshire to be closed due to roadworks
- 07:48 Nelson Mandela's daughter thanks city of Glasgow for supporting her...
- 10:52 Coldstream Guards received Freedom of Coldstream in 1968
- 10:52 City of Culture bid plans underway in Lancashire
- 10:52 Send us your snapshots of summer for chance to win £125 designer...
- 10:51 City of Culture bid plans underway in Lancashire
- 10:51 Travel agency soars into Top 50 in the UK
- 10:52 Police respond as figures show South Tyneside crime is rising
- 10:51 Shows deal with knives and bullying