Argentina missing submarine: Satellite signals detected
Signals have been detected that are thought to have come from an Argentine submarine that went missing with 44 crew on board, officials say.
The defence ministry is now trying to trace the location of the seven failed satellite calls received on Saturday.
Argentina has stepped up the search in the South Atlantic for the ARA San Juan submarine, with a Nasa research plane joining in.
The diesel-electric vessel disappeared 430km (267 miles) off the coast.
Britain and countries in the region have offered assistance.
The task of the rescuers has been complicated by heavy winds and high waves.... read more
- 17:02 Hosepipe ban firm loses 133 litres of water in leaks per house a day
- 18:43 BAME characters should be 'more central' in children's books
- 17:02 Liverpool transfer news: Alisson showdown talks TODAY over...
- 18:41 Coventry City pair involved in England Under-19s' opener against...
- 20:16 Brazen mum and daughter swindled £60k from kids' bank accounts and...
- 18:43 Michelle Obama to attend charity dinner in Edinburgh
- 17:02 'Targeted' attempted murder probe after drive-by shooting in Oldbury
- 20:15 Military suicides: Is there a hidden epidemic?
- 20:15 Special investigation: The hidden cost of war
- 17:02 Number of women in top boardroom positions falls, says report
- 18:43 The best Amazon Prime Day tech and gaming deals
- 17:05 Friends rally for children whose dad was found dead in park
- 17:02 Liverpool pre-season fixtures: Full schedule including...
- 17:05 'Someone will get killed' - outrage at junction diversion where...
- 17:02 Railway worker racially abused at Kidderminster station
- 20:16 Heartbroken family pay tribute to dad of three killed in horror...
- 20:15 M55 closed westbound after biker accident
- 18:43 Louis Tomlinson and Robbie Williams named new judges on The X Factor
- 17:02 Goldman Sachs: David Solomon, veteran banker and part-time DJ,...
- 18:43 Trump calls negative coverage of his Putin meeting ‘fake news’
- 17:02 Alisson: Liverpool bid £62m for Roma goalkeeper, mega transfer...
- 17:02 Boy, 13, collapsed after masked yobs 'forced him to drink ketamine'
- 20:16 Scottish shops hit as Poundworld closes another 40 stores with 531...
- 17:05 Tributes to the history of our NHS at Chorley Hospital
- 18:41 Health chief wants to cut takeaway numbers
- 18:41 Blue light relay highlights trauma suffered by emergency workers
- 18:43 Bognor home damaged by glass ornament blaze
- 18:43 How will we travel after Brexit under the government’s plan?
- 17:02 Arsenal pre-season fixtures: Full schedule including International...
- 17:05 Seven million facing hopepipe ban - will it be extended to Cov?