Are you scared yet? Meet Norman, the psychopathic AI
Norman is an algorithm trained to understand pictures but, like its namesake Hitchcock's Norman Bates, it does not have an optimistic view of the world.
When a "normal" algorithm generated by artificial intelligence is asked what it sees in an abstract shape it chooses something cheery: "A group of birds sitting on top of a tree branch."
Norman sees a man being electrocuted.
And where "normal" AI sees a couple of people standing next to each other, Norman sees a man jumping from a window.
The psychopathic algorithm was created by a team at the Massachusetts... read more
- 12:04 Valiant World War Two veteran who was captured by German SS...
- 12:04 Meet the ‘magnificent’ Coventry City development star with his eyes...
- 12:04 Tottenham Hotspur chase League One wonderkid as EFL clubs contest...
- 12:04 Birmingham driver banned after setting off speed cameras SEVEN...
- 12:03 Dog food urgently recalled over fears it could poison your pet
- 12:03 Bronze statue of Margaret Thatcher unveiled in Lincolnshire today
- 12:03 West Ham duo could return from injury in time to face Manchester City
- 12:03 Brazilian commentator does pigeon noises as Richarlison celebrates...
- 12:03 Government figures show Mansfield and Ashfield beings hit by up to...
- 12:03 Police want to speak to this man after Bolsover burglary
- 12:02 Indian police file rape case against Bollywood actor Alok Nath
- 12:02 Government figures show Mansfield and Ashfield beings hit by up to...
- 12:01 Woman followed and raped in Tower Hamlets basement
- 12:01 Tory slap Chinese TV reporter case dropped
- 12:00 Fighter dubbed ‘worst boxer EVER’ after 84-second KO in debut fight
- 11:59 Awards handed out at Blackpool jobs and work experience scheme event
- 11:59 Government figures show Mansfield and Ashfield beings hit by up to...
- 11:58 Huge crowds gather to greet Royal visitor to Derbyshire - pictures...
- 11:58 Stunning 'perfect rainbow' over Derbyshire castle one of four local...
- 11:57 I'm A Celebrity - Real reason 'vegan' Fleur East caught eating meat
- 11:56 West Yorkshire man charged with murdering three-year-old boy
- 11:56 Ikea to cut 350 jobs amid global transformation plans
- 11:55 Furious residents come out in force to oppose plans for addiction...
- 11:55 Starting a new chapter: the success story of Totley Library
- 11:55 Sport and comfort combine in Ford Fiesta ST-Line X
- 11:54 Fylde coast stretchers firm sees growth after Boost support
- 11:54 Starting a new chapter: the success story of Totley Library
- 11:54 Ask Northamptonshire police chief or crime commissioner a question...
- 11:53 Morpeth draw in top-of-table clash at York
- 11:52 Defibrillator used to SAVE LIVES damaged by vandals in Sleaford