Are Northumberland’s train passengers happy with the service they receive?
Virgin Trains East Coast had one of the highest rates of passenger complaints in the country over last summer, according to the latest figures from the regulator.
Figures from the Office for Road and Rail show that between July and September last year the train operator had a rate of complaints of 142.2 for every 100,000 people who travelled.
This was up on the same period in 2016 when it was 66.4 for every 100,000.
The ORR said that reporting issues at Virgin Trains East Coast mean that the rate of complaints may be higher and the train operator was dealing with a backlog of complaints.... read more
- 10:20 Motorcyclist left with serious injuries after crash on Harborough road
- 10:20 Brighouse artist to feature at first ever British Craft Trade Fair
- 10:19 Louth Snooker League: NT Shaw set the pace in Jubilee KO
- 10:19 Ditch the diamonds – birthstone engagement rings are this year’s...
- 10:19 Trapped man rescued from sinkhole in Barnsley
- 10:19 Mum says she looks so youthful that she’s mistaken for her...
- 10:18 Plans for 500 student rooms brought forward
- 10:18 Drop legal action or sell the club: Council's plea to Sisu
- 10:18 Casualty treated after house fire in Staveley
- 10:17 IPO mania: San Francisco braces for 'earthquake' of new tech...
- 10:17 Terminally ill woman wants to meet Love Island celeb Chris Hughes...
- 10:17 Wigan teen who attacked a policeman and perfomed lewd acts in a...
- 10:17 Wigan woman fined after pouring pint over man's head and calling...
- 10:16 ‘People get judged’ – meet Britain’s only deaf full-time football...
- 10:16 Schools’ rugby sevens heaven should be taken much more seriously
- 10:14 Will you recognise next months Castle Quay visitors?
- 10:13 Edinburgh Uni race row as students accused of ‘yellow face’ at...
- 10:13 What is the EU customs union and single market?
- 10:13 Religious texts ripped up at Islamic school in ‘second racist attack’
- 10:13 British man, 31, missing after falling off ferry from Ibiza to Majorca
- 10:13 Speedboat killer Jack Shepherd agrees to be extradited to the UK
- 10:13 Owner clings to VW as car thief drives off after posing as buyer
- 10:13 How to go about appealing against a parking fine
- 10:13 Samsung’s folding phone release date is set for May 3 in the UK
- 10:12 Opposition challenges decision by Lichfield District Council...
- 10:12 Man involved in two hit and runs before dumping stolen car and...
- 10:11 Male pill - why are we still waiting?
- 10:10 Mersey MPs help to take Brexit control away from Theresa May on...
- 10:09 New visitor centre at Yorkshire Sculpture Park to open this weekend
- 10:09 New £3.6m visitor centre at Yorkshire Sculpture Park to open this...