News archive from 31 March 2014, page 115
Kelly Hickman tried to get Robert Lynn Pruett a stay of execution as part of her volunteering work at the University of Houston's death row clinic. It was set up in the face of a shortage of legal counsel for prisoners facing a death sentence and to...
Dungeness power station. Photograph: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images Britain has awarded a 14-year, £7bn contract to manage the decommissioning of its nuclear sites to engineering contractors Babcock and US group Fluor. The deal covers some of Britain's...
So, is advertising on London station departure boards a thing now? Yesterday we revealed how Amnesty International UK took over the boards at Waterloo to highlight their latest campaign. Now it would seem promoters for the new X-Men movie have muscled...
Health bosses tonight faced calls to review their message on fruit and vegetables after research suggested five-a-day may not be enough. The current guidelines may need to be doubled after a study suggested those eating more were likely to live...
Five cans of soft drinks contain 46 sugar cubes but there is sugar lurking in healthier food options such as canned fruit salad. Photograph: Geoff Abbott/Corbis Simon Capewell, professor of public health and policy at Liverpool University, says we...
- 04:35 Error saw BMW seized and crushed by Flintshire council
- 04:35 Nottingham Prison tribunal: Officer 'silenced for speaking out'
- 04:35 Ex-health boss 'leaving Wales' after losing confidence in NHS
- 04:34 Qantas 'women of influence' protest against airline's role in...
- 04:26 Gender Recognition Act: 'Why we want identity rules changed'
- 04:26 'My husband died, and I still have many unanswered questions'
- 04:26 The bang on the head that knocked English out of me
- 04:26 Children 'at risk of blackmail due to live-streaming surge'
- 04:26 Derbyshire family left devastated after thieves steal animals meant...
- 04:20 Next phase for ‘Edinburgh’s new neighbour’ unveiled
- 04:15 Teach children how to avoid dog bites, say MPs
- 04:15 Blind British man climbs Europe's highest mountain
- 04:15 Brexit: 'Expectations low' as PM heads to Brussels
- 04:15 The students who fear for their ambitions amid college cuts
- 04:04 YouTube down: video service crashes for several hours
- 03:54 Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational marijuana
- 03:01 US moves to negotiate trade deals with Japan, UK, EU
- 02:55 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:28 The best responses to Piers Morgan dad-shaming Daniel Craig
- 02:27 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:22 Chelsea News: Bale for Hazard claim, striker interest confirmed,...
- 02:21 Ian Kiernan: 'Clean Up the World' environmentalist dies
- 02:04 Global register set up to keep criminals out of aid sector
- 01:53 Prince Harry and Meghan begin tour of drought-stricken Dubbo
- 01:43 Trump denounces Cohen and defends Saudi Arabia in wide-ranging...
- 01:28 Afghan drought 'displacing more people than Taliban'
- 01:24 Self-lubricating condom designed to reduce infections
- 01:17 Royal baby name odds: what will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle call...
- 01:09 Mike is a high flier
- 01:03 Why Halloween's reboot is bringing Jamie Lee Curtis so much attention