News archive from 2 November 2014, page 92
But according to his England team-mate Phil Jagielka, it was precisely the sort of game vital to his development. Barkley, 20, has endured a difficult period since the World Cup, a knee injury sidelining him until the middle of last month, and while...
Jose Mourinho has continued his scathing attack on Chelsea's supporters - but refused to endorse Roy Keane's 'prawn sandwich' critique. The Blues have won all five of their Barclays Premier League home games this term after beating QPR 2-1 in a...
Millions of households will get “annual tax statements” from George Osborne from Monday, showing that the biggest chunk of their contribution goes towards welfare. But the Treasury has quietly dropped plans to provide a further breakdown of benefit...
YOUNG apprentice Reg Jones began his 50-year career at William Boulton engineers in Burslem at the age of 14, writes Danielle Bourne. Reg's son, Alan Jones, of Torrington Road, Stafford, recently discovered this picture of his late father. "I...
Saracens are targeting a clean sweep of trophies this season after beginning their LV= Cup campaign with a 25-20 win over Harlequins at Allianz Park, according to assistant boss Joe Shaw. The home side led 15-3 at the interval and appeared to be in...
A second-half double from defender Shkodran Mustafi sealed a 3-1 victory for Valencia at derby rivals Villarreal that put them on the shoulders of the La Liga leaders Real Madrid on Sunday. Sevilla had earlier missed the chance to take top spot after...
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows
- 00:13 Scientists eavesdrop on disappearing sea trout
- 00:13 Pupils' great reaction to school science week
- 00:03 WATCH: Dave Seddon's verdict on Preston North End's 2-2 draw with...
- 00:03 Tyson Fury's clash with Deontay Wilder confirmed after victory over...
- 00:02 Lib Dem veteran Ming Campbell urges SNP to back EUref2