Apps are being used by abusers to control victims and it’s time for big tech companies to act
Technology is increasingly influencing our lives; it has changed the way we shop, eat, date, travel and stay in touch with friends and family.
For the most part, these changes have made our lives easier and in turn, made us more connected. Most of us now take for granted the fact that the little device in our pocket can instantly access any information or product that we need, whenever we need it.
But imagine if the phone in your pocket was not a source of freedom and connection, but of isolation and fear.
It’s estimated that one in four women and one in six men will experience domestic... read more
- 01:41 10 years of Grindr: A rocky relationship
- 01:28 Tesco begins plastic-free trial for selection of fruit and veg
- 01:19 Tim Farron: One last chance for Chris Grayling to prove himself as...
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Why jobs statistics tell only part of the overall...
- 01:19 Lee Rowley: How my proposed law will limit the ability of fracking...
- 01:19 The Yorkshire Post says: Home truths on housing policy as green...
- 01:11 Dead rats used to smuggle drugs and mobile phones into prison
- 01:04 Knife crime: Tony Blair says police losing knife crime battle
- 00:59 Sudoku 4,328 easy
- 00:58 Prince Charles and Camilla make history in Cuba
- 00:52 Gangs using dead rats to smuggle drugs into Dorset prison
- 00:41 UK's big broadband providers give 'shoddy' service – report
- 00:25 The vision that signalled the end of old New Street
- 00:24 Devolved and UK ministers’ mistrust spans decades and parties,...
- 00:20 'Muslims don't date, we marry'
- 00:20 Invoice scams hit 40% of firms, says report
- 00:20 Ex-Autonomy boss Mike Lynch denies new US charges
- 00:20 First and second class stamp prices rise
- 00:12 Fife worker registrations down by a third as SNP warn of...
- 00:10 Smacking children to be banned in Wales
- 23:59 'Nervous' David Warner clubs 85 on IPL return to give Australian...
- 23:54 Woman and child injured in suspected shooting in London
- 23:53 Jose Mourinho predicts the two teams who will contest the Champions...
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand wants Reiss Nelson and Phil Foden in England squad next
- 23:53 Ronnie O’Sullivan makes Snooker World Championship prediction after...
- 23:21 Andreas Christensen claims Chelsea will serve transfer ban and has...
- 23:16 Figges Marsh 'shooting': Woman and child, 11, among injured
- 23:02 Hunt for Gatwick drone saw police blow £400,000 on bungled...
- 23:02 Theresa May offers ‘no-concessions’ at crucial Chequers crunch-talks
- 23:02 UK-based tapir has become oldest in the world