Apple wants to transform self-driving car interiors into virtual reality ‘entertainment hubs’ that let you play games while you're being driven around
Apple could soon revolutionise how people spend their time on the road by building virtual reality 'entertainment hubs' into self-driving cars.
The firm has filed a patent that describes how passengers in autonomous vehicles could pass the time with VR headsets.
The headsets would allow passengers to play games, or, if they choose, create a 'relaxing' environment for them while on their journey.
Apple also suggests that future cars could lack windows, instead using interior screens alongside the VR headsets to display virtual surroundings.
Scroll down for video
By replacing windows with... read more
- 12:17 Voluntary sector strength in north Northumberland is demonstrated
- 10:22 'Last chance' to save 'too tall' Stoke-on-Trent house
- 10:22 Girlfriend of man with fake Popeye arms wants him to get...
- 14:18 VIDEO: Police on the scene of Birmingham Road incident
- 10:43 Thousands of Brits could get £10,000 in benefits compensation after...
- 12:17 Motorcyclist killed in collision on the A15 Leasingham named
- 12:20 Watch: Drugged-up teen smashes into car in police chase
- 12:17 Live as 'power cut' hits large section of Hull city centre
- 14:18 BBC 'plan' as the region proves poor relation once more
- 14:18 Police use baton round and Taser to bring down armed suspect before...
- 14:18 NHS boss wants Lancashire learning disability unit closed
- 12:17 Drivers warned of ‘white van tan’ dangers as UK continues to heat up
- 14:18 Mum wins fight for daughter’s education
- 14:18 The Politically Speaking column with Tracy Brabin MP
- 14:18 New TV probe into death at Hucknall men’s holiday apartment
- 12:17 Roy Keane 'tempted to foul child' in throwback vid with 12-year-old...
- 12:20 There really was a bull in a Lancashire china shop
- 12:20 Hope Akpan helped make Sean Scannell's mind up to move from...
- 12:17 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A19
- 14:18 School says goodbye to long-serving head
- 12:20 Armed robbery at Sutton pawnbrokers
- 12:20 Man wielding longbow arrested in Rugby
- 12:17 School’s global community project in 2008
- 12:17 Burnley ultra-marathon man set for 3,000-mile charity challenge
- 12:17 Fun for all the family at Clowne Gala
- 12:17 Driver who ran over Chris Boardman's mum to face new trial
- 12:17 Carlisle's A689 bypass reopens following two-vehicle crash
- 12:17 Impatient BMW driver with PN15 numberplate avoids Doncaster traffic...
- 12:17 Special investigation: Hidden epidemic of military suicides
- 12:17 Police investigation after Ellesmere Port pensioner, 82, dies in M6...