Apple urged to tackle smartphone addiction among children
Two major Apple investors have urged the iPhone maker to take action to curb growing smartphone addiction among children, highlighting growing concerns about the effects of gadgets and social media on youngsters.
In an open letter, the investment firm Jana Partners LLC and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System said the company must offer more choices and tools to help children fight addiction to its devices.
There is a developing consensus around the world including Silicon Valley that the potential long-term consequences of new technologies need to be factored in at the outset,... read more
- 21:52 Thieves believed to have made off with vintage vehicles in lorry on...
- 14:33 Liam Gordon has shown patience of a Saint
- 23:25 Halifax set for lasting memorial to the Dukes
- 14:30 Yorkshire schoolboys who planned Columbine-style massacre to be...
- 14:31 Water bosses apply to take water from Ullswater, Windermere and...
- 17:09 Sunderland school pupils hit back of the net in mascot shoes design...
- 14:30 Let's put England's World Cup performance in perspective
- 17:09 Students take next steps
- 17:09 Plan to open new indoor market in city centre welcomed
- 17:09 Proms 2018: 32 pictures from English Martyrs at Hardwick Hall
- 17:09 Section of Welford Road, Leicester blocked after electrical box fire
- 14:30 Woman called police 500 times about bullying boyfriend who...
- 21:52 Leeds trio jailed for 'terrifying' Tesco Express raid that left...
- 17:09 Review: Castlegate Singers' Women in Song concert
- 21:52 First £35,000 shipping container homes in Sheffield close to...
- 14:30 Unsung biker hero celebrated with Freemasons donation
- 14:30 Husband's agony at death of 'kind and caring' childhood sweetheart
- 14:33 ‘Home’ Open lives up to expectations for Carnoustie member Matthew...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 We have to wake up to dangers of new technology
- 14:31 Council denies it has lost its way over footpath signs
- 17:09 'Spontaneous combustion' destroys tonnes of hay inside barn at farm...
- 17:09 Drugs, theft, fraud and impersonating a special constable:...
- 23:25 Wing walking Debra is flying high for hospice
- 17:09 Here’s how to get your garlic harvest ready to last into the new year
- 14:30 Woman to stand trial over £6,000 Furness petrol station theft
- 21:52 Crafty pupils branched out into art
- 21:52 Woman admits GBH on five-month-old baby in 'momentary loss of control'
- 17:09 Sculpture planned for new city development is unveiled
- 21:52 Fast food limits could be coming to your corner of Lancashire