Appeal after 18 baby chicks abandoned in box
THE Scottish SPCA has launched an appeal for information after eighteen chicks were found abandoned in woodland in Clackmannanshire.
The animal welfare charity was alerted last Monday after a member of the public discovered the young birds in a box in woods close to Braehead Golf Club on Alloa Road in Cambus.
The chicks, who are estimated to be around three to four weeks old, are now in the care of the Scottish SPCA’s Edinburgh and Lothians Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre.
Kenny Sharpe, the centre’s assistant manager, said: “A number of chicks had escaped from the box but the woman who... read more
- 17:48 Weekend hockey results
- 17:47 Shipston Home Nursing announces week long pop up
- 17:46 Hospitality graduates show off skills at Celtic Park
- 17:43 Six students at Toronto Catholic school charged with sexual assault
- 17:43 Leeds German Christmas Market carousel's long history
- 17:43 Hyponatraemia Inquiry: GMC investigates two doctors
- 17:41 Police issue statement as man is 'seriously hurt' in Goole attack
- 17:41 Woman pulled from River Tyne and taken to hospital after rescue...
- 17:40 Corbyn's bold Brexit vision shows up May's tired old soundbites
- 17:40 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:38 Ben Walmsley's death prompted warning over video game
- 17:37 'I go a little bit crazy' - ex-Birmingham City top scorer making a...
- 17:37 'It was very hard' - Forgotten Wolves striker reveals Molineux...
- 17:36 Jamal Khashoggi death: King Salman speaks but ignores murder
- 17:34 Man hospitalised after attack at Grassmoor Country Park
- 17:34 Harry Kane: probably not best in the world, but perfect for this...
- 17:33 Adverse weather clips in updated driving theory test
- 17:33 How a cracked tooth nearly KILLED this Lincolnshire man
- 17:31 Traffic pollution ‘linked to risk of autism in children’
- 17:31 One in four couples in Doncaster have weekly 'carguments'
- 17:30 Live updates as 'bomb squad' called to Bransholme after explosive...
- 17:29 Fylde Council look at plan to reverse trees decline
- 17:28 Amber Peat inquest review delayed after family objects to new coroner
- 17:28 Could Sunderland be the destination for a £10,000 Black Friday...
- 17:27 David Mundell threatens mutiny if UK remains bound to common...
- 17:26 TalkTalk hackers jailed for one of biggest data breaches in history
- 17:26 Buckfast Christmas truck sends Scots into meltdown
- 17:24 Hartlepool police custody facility planned to move out of town
- 17:23 How Birmingham drug dealer Anib Khan went from king of bling to...
- 17:23 Roundhay Road Leeds to be closed for several hours after stabbing:...