Angry driver fined £100 for 'bad parking' in North Point car park row
A furious driver has spoken of his anger after a row exploded in a Bransholme shopping centre car park over parking.
Alec Wild, 64, struggles to get in and out of his car following three hip replacements, so parked in what he believed to be a spacious spot when he visited North Point Shopping Centre on Monday.
When he returned to his car with his wife, though, Mr Wild saw a £100 parking charge notice on his windscreen, and went to complain to the management.
But he claims he was rudely addressed by the parking warden and a security officer - and says things soon became out of hand.
"I... read more
- 06:02 Commuters told to brace themselves for even more Merseyrail station...
- 06:02 Out-of-work doctor who wandered hospital in disguise to steal pain...
- 06:00 Capital bike bag start-up move up a higher gear
- 05:52 TODAY’S RACING TIPS: Action from Wincanton, Lingfield and...
- 05:52 Arsenal eyeing League One hotshot - Star being chased by European...
- 05:52 Ronnie O’Sullivan makes HUGE world title prediction - ‘I’d be...
- 05:43 Global R&D group launches UK arm in capital
- 05:35 Story time with e-books 'not as helpful' as print books
- 05:34 The number of Brummies dying young from heart disease is soaring
- 05:30 Glasgow software firm lands digital funding
- 05:24 Spice Girls' Geri says romp with Mel B confirmed she WASN'T a lesbian
- 05:23 Russian military officials arrive in Venezuela to discuss 'training...
- 05:18 Woman defrauded her widowed mother-in-law out of thousands of...
- 05:18 New £21m University of Lincoln medical school set to get the go-ahead
- 05:18 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 05:18 More 200,000 voters in Lincolnshire are on open register where...
- 05:12 Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302: Hull family visit the 'humble'...
- 05:12 Libby Squire: The CCTV footage which could hold the clues to...
- 05:12 The latest on THAT transfer between Newcastle United and West Brom...
- 05:11 Morrison government set to offer taxpayer backing for Queensland power
- 05:11 Five opposition parties call on UK to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia
- 05:11 The week ahead for Brexit: third time lucky for May?
- 05:05 Anglesey man's autism helped by mountain hikes
- 05:05 Smacking ban in Wales a step closer with bill published
- 05:05 Edinburgh Waverley: Station expansion plans to be revealed
- 05:05 Drugs smuggled into Guys Marsh prison in dead rats
- 05:05 Brexit: Cabinet to meet amid pressure on May
- 05:03 Ban cars outside UK schools to tackle air pollution, teachers say
- 04:59 Victorian father loses legal battle to stop child having hyphenated...
- 04:49 Heartbroken dad denied life-saving operation by NHS chiefs and...