Angry Birds maker Rovio closes London studio
The company behind the hit mobile game Angry Birds has closed its London studio, after warning its profits were likely to fall.
Rovio's head of games, Wilhelm Taht, also resigned on Friday, leaving chief executive Kati Levoranta in charge.
The Finnish games company has warned that its brand licensing revenues could decline 40% this year.
It has blamed tough competition and higher marketing costs for the poor outlook.
Rovio's London studio was opened in 2017 and the company went public in September with a valuation of £786m.
But on 22 February, the Finnish games maker issued a profit warning... read more
- 09:07 Dundee United to cash in as former player Stuart Armstrong heads to...
- 09:07 Man dies and two others fighting for lives after burglary in Bristol
- 09:07 No one worthy of travel injunction, insists West Midlands Mayor
- 09:07 Stephanie Davis spoke to tragic Love Island star Sophie Gradon days...
- 09:07 Poldark's fourth series 'most political yet' as Dwight and Caroline...
- 09:07 Repairs are planned after pensioner’s fall
- 09:07 Nigerian singer D'banj's son, 1, dies after drowning in swimming pool
- 09:07 SWP Engineering exhibits new shellfish cooker on national stage
- 09:07 Maltings revamp is considered
- 09:07 Latest news from Berwick Stroke Club
- 09:06 Man Utd legend Roy Keane shuts down Gary Neville and Ian Wright...
- 09:06 We’re probably the only intelligent life in the universe,...
- 09:05 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 09:04 From burning toupees to breaking boundaries: why Queer Eye is TV's...
- 09:02 Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri set to replace Antonio Conte in next...
- 09:01 Council saved £8.7 million with smarter budgeting last year
- 09:01 Uber's appeal over London licence ban begins
- 09:00 Please appreciate these proud pups enjoying Pride parades
- 09:00 M25 traffic chaos as one lane blocked sparks huge delays
- 08:59 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 08:58 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:57 Gallery: Annual Handmade Parade was once again a success
- 08:56 Man Utd on red alert as Neymar outlines Real Madrid transfer...
- 08:56 Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland slash current account interest for...
- 08:56 Grand motors: The 10 cars most likely to be listed for sale under...
- 08:56 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:55 One dead and two fighting for life during burglary in Bristol
- 08:55 Victory propels Erdoğan into elite club of strongman leaders
- 08:54 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:54 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser