Andy Murray uses crowdfunding firm to invest in UK startups
Tennis star Andy Murray has made investments in a number of startups, including a company that builds virtual reality shops online, through equity crowdfunding firm Seedrs.
The world No 2, who joined London-based Seedr’s advisory board in June, has made three investments and will take a stake in the British businesses.
Murray has invested in healthy eating chain Tossed; Trillenium, a builder of online shopping experiences that is backed by online retailer ASOS; and the Fuel Ventures Fund, which invests in e-commerce companies and is run by Mark Pearson of myvouchercodes.co.uk.
Related: Andy... read more
- 01:23 Stratford MP reacts to Prime Minister May’s survival
- 01:16 David Dimbleby's 25 years on Question Time
- 01:12 Morrison government announces new federal anti-corruption commission
- 00:58 How MPs reacted to Theresa May's no confidence vote victory
- 00:55 Restaurant dishes 'contain more calories than fast-food meals'
- 00:55 Lake Titicaca: Underwater museum brings hope to shores
- 00:55 Strasbourg shooting: Face to face with gunman
- 00:55 Trump Russia affair: Key questions answered
- 00:52 England's primary school league tables to be published
- 00:50 With three D grades at A-level, 80% got university places
- 00:47 Les Misérables with 'contemporary relevance' to air on BBC
- 00:47 BBC's new EastEnders set over budget by £27m, watchdog finds
- 00:43 Nick Philippoussis child rape charges dropped after stroke
- 00:43 Jayne Dowle: Stop playing political games and start waking up to...
- 00:40 Briefing battle begins over meaning of May's victory
- 00:37 The Yorkshire Post says: Back in the real world – how, thanks to...
- 00:30 'If the factory closes what could I afford to eat?'
- 00:30 Marmite sprouts? Why retailers are pushing the boundaries with...
- 00:30 Hamleys pulls slime toy amid safety fears
- 00:30 Why are there so many pre Christmas sales?
- 00:27 Jail for Brighouse knife man who attacked two men in Wyke
- 00:25 Injured Aaron Mooy ruled out of Socceroos' Asian Cup defence
- 00:25 José Mourinho: we missed out at Valencia but it’s still been a success
- 00:24 Labour veteran Dennis Skinner accused of calling SNP MP ‘a piece of...
- 00:23 University acceptance rates for students with lower grades on the rise
- 00:23 Bradford music teacher shortlisted for $1m global education prize
- 00:19 Australian cardinal George Pell removed from inner circle by Pope...
- 00:18 Six slime and putty toys sold in UK fail to meet safety standards
- 00:18 UK property market at weakest since 2012 as Brexit takes toll – Rics
- 00:11 Sudoku 4,242 hard