Analysis: 'Confident' Corbyn convinced he can oust embattled Tories
Labour is now “confident, clear and committed”, Jeremy Corbyn declared at one point during his crowd-pleasing party conference speech. And in that phrase he seemed to sum up the mood of this year’s gathering in Liverpool, when radical policies have largely crowded out simmering rows, which never reached the explosive levels of previous years under Mr Corbyn.
The Labour leader’s confident delivery - easily his most assured conference performance - told the story of the week, in that most of his top team is convinced the party is on the cusp of power and that its radical plan is now “the new... read more
- 13:19 Buchanan enjoying wing-back role but says he’s ‘learning every day’
- 13:19 Four of the top ten most dangerous council-managed A-roads in...
- 13:19 Disrespectful vandal decapitates First World War memorials in Ashfield
- 13:19 Lancaster woman's warning about aggressive bone cancer
- 13:18 Chelsea came close to signing Joaquin for £25m in 2006
- 13:18 WPP in talks to buy FT's London HQ in £90m-plus deal
- 13:17 We've all been grating cheese wrong for years apparently - here's...
- 13:17 HSBC down as customers face online banking chaos
- 13:17 Sheffield duo appear in court charge with murder following bar...
- 13:16 Woman told to ‘starve herself some more’ in order to get help...
- 13:15 St Annes taxi company maybe a record breaker
- 13:15 YP Letters: HS2 has already had an impact on our lives
- 13:15 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 13:13 'It feels like hate': vandals deface San Francisco murals with...
- 13:11 Vulnerable people and staff ‘put at risk’ by changes to night care
- 13:11 Big-hearted teenager from Chesterfield set to appear on new ITV...
- 13:11 Kenilworth outdoor pool campaigners say council needs to 'think...
- 13:11 IN PICTURES: The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers march through Warwick
- 13:11 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 13:10 £27million pub industry in South Tyneside facing beer tax hit
- 13:10 'Street drinking is a blight on our town' - Boston people dismiss...
- 13:09 Tory MP overspent on general election to beat Nigel Farage, court told
- 13:07 John Lewis to launch £10,000 'private shopping' service
- 13:07 Kenilworth outdoor pool campaigners say council needs to 'think...
- 13:07 IN PICTURES: The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers march through Warwick
- 13:06 This is how George Eliot Hospital is planning for winter
- 13:06 The quickest Royal babies after weddings revealed after Prince...
- 13:06 Have you got Leicestershire's cutest cat or dog? Enter our Prize...
- 13:05 Fire chief takes on Cheviots challenge
- 13:05 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween