Ambulances are not taxis to A&E, says new report
Paramedics should treat more patients at the scene to reduce pressures on A&E and hospital beds, a report has said.
The NHS could save £300million a year by 2021 by avoiding unnecessary ambulance use and caring for patients closer to home, according to a review by Lord Carter of Coles.
The Labour peer said "an ambulance is not a taxi to A&E", as he called for the NHS fleet to be updated to ensure medics have access to patient records and the best technology while on the road.
Frontline staff should also be given better information about other health services they can refer... read more
- 10:59 Ex-Crewe Alexandra coach cleared of sexual abuse
- 10:59 Vote means only stunned halal meat to be allowed in schools
- 10:59 Dudley School issues warning for children's online safety when...
- 10:59 This is our favourite Sir Doug Ellisism ever!
- 10:59 Darren Moore gives his verdict on Dean Smith and it will please...
- 10:58 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 10:58 Vote means only stunned halal meat to be allowed in schools
- 10:58 David Davis called 'a lunatic' by senior Hull councillor
- 10:57 Rustlers steal from herd in field near Daventry village
- 10:57 Police appeal over burglary
- 10:56 Shocking CCTV shows woman with children trash gift shop and attack...
- 10:56 The top 10 most haunted places in Greater Manchester
- 10:56 The Brackley Big Band making a splash
- 10:53 Brit faces 10 years in Thai jail for 'spray painting "Scouser Lee"...
- 10:53 'Three Musketeers' terror plotters claim unfair trial and appeal...
- 10:53 De Montfort University vice chancellor says they are working...
- 10:53 Kleenex axes "Mansize" tissues branding after sexism complaints
- 10:53 Vote means only stunned halal meat to be allowed in schools
- 10:52 Labour councillor SLAMS own deputy leader and MP in STAGGERING attack
- 10:51 Mourinho's career is like the plague. Has he run out of people to...
- 10:50 House prices increase in Northumberland
- 10:50 Leeds United transfer news: Marcelo Bielsa desperate to sign...
- 10:49 Back of the net! Wragby pupils look just the part after sporty gift
- 10:49 Budding firefighters of the future
- 10:48 Fewer crimes making it to Crown Court
- 10:48 House prices in North Tyneside drop but remain higher than 2017
- 10:48 Wallsend family step out to help raise charity funds
- 10:48 Blue is the colour to help Daniel read
- 10:48 Members give seal of approval to clubhouse makeover
- 10:48 Boston travel agents scoops Shop of the Year title