Ambulance trust to send occupied vehicles to new emergency calls
A struggling ambulance trust hopes to improve response times by sending ambulances already occupied by patients to new emergencies, it has emerged.
The East of England Ambulance Services Trust, which has some of the worst emergency response times of any ambulance trust in England, has defended the new policy is “absolutely right” in rare circumstances.
But staff and MPs described the trust’s policy of diverting ambulances with a stable patient inside to attend life-threatening calls as “crazy” and “dangerous”, warning first responders could be forced to choose between the welfare of... read more
- 08:42 Chelsea news: Barcelona ace wants to accept ‘juicy’ transfer offer...
- 08:42 22 new UK laws coming into effect in 2019 and how they affect you
- 08:42 Campaign focused on service delivery
- 08:41 Detectives in bid to find three killers still walking streets after...
- 08:41 Video jokers play crazy golf in Saddle Junction cycle lane
- 08:40 This is why Hinckley McDonald's was closed overnight
- 08:37 Are Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves and West Brom getting...
- 08:35 Champions League: Mourinho ‘mad’ at another miserable Man Utd display
- 08:34 Man, 69, dies in A9 collision between car and van in the Highlands
- 08:34 PDC Darts World Championship 2019 Preview: The favourites,...
- 08:34 What happens now Theresa May has survived confidence vote?
- 08:33 Funk maestro Craig Charles hits the Empire
- 08:33 Revealed: The "frustrating" long wait to see a GP in Coventry
- 08:33 The Coventry Building Society is hiring for these jobs right now
- 08:33 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69 and more
- 08:32 Jewellery stolen in burglary in Irby-in-the-Marsh
- 08:32 Council pride at county’s excellent Ofsted report
- 08:32 Drivers face EIGHT miles of queues after accident on the M62 near...
- 08:32 Cruise and hotel bookings boost Tui profits for third year
- 08:31 11 Sunderland shops we’ve loved and lost
- 08:31 Inside Holly Willoughby's £19k flight home from I'm A Celeb in...
- 08:30 Parents can get Elf on the Shelf 'trapped' in their TV - here's how
- 08:30 The RSV virus sweeping babies parents urgently need to know about
- 08:30 Former mayor looks back on the past 20 years as she plans to step down
- 08:27 Vital help in Skegness for the over 50s
- 08:27 From cruelty-free Wagyu beef to Louis Hamilton: A week in vegan news
- 08:26 Hartlepool has had the biggest fall in life expectancy in the UK
- 08:26 Your weather forecast for Thursday
- 08:25 Row over plan to open up city's top grammar schools to more inner...
- 08:24 Council pride at county’s excellent Ofsted report