Algeria: Algiers warns Moroccans not to head for Libyan turmoil
ALGERIA’S government is warning of a large influx of Moroccans crossing its territory en route to war-torn Libya.
The state news agency reported that Minister for Maghreb Affairs, African Unity and the Arab League Abdelkader M’sahel had earlier met the Moroccan ambassador to report the unusual number of people crossing from the Casablanca area in recent weeks.
Mr M’Sahel told the ambassador that Moroccans who head to Libya without documentation will be sent home.
Islamic State’s (Isis) Libyan affiliate has been increasing its calls for Muslims to join its extremists in the lawless parts of... read more
- 12:02 Food Crime Unit pledges tougher action on food fraud
- 12:02 Stunning Coventry building shortlisted for top architecture award
- 12:01 Facebook staff 'flagged Cambridge Analytica fears earlier than...
- 12:01 Marmite Peanut Butter is launching in the UK and we are unsure
- 12:01 Ghana bus crash: Dozens killed after two buses collide in Bono East
- 12:01 Showcase launch to find Burnley's brightest young stars who say 'I...
- 12:00 Doorman injured after wedding turned into 'orgy of violence'
- 12:00 Boy, 5, died after playing with lighter in his bedroom
- 12:00 Scots risk missing potential snap election as electoral role drops
- 12:00 Term-time holiday warning for parents as number of fines skyrockets
- 11:57 Alesha MacPhail’s family have shown bravery in the face of...
- 11:57 East 17's Brian Harvey arrested and hospitalised after self-harm...
- 11:57 Why does Coronation Street keep exploding its lesbians?
- 11:57 Libby Squire: Neighbours' grief and shock as Hull receives 'outcome...
- 11:55 ‘Zeal like a tiger’ Chelsea fans discuss Nuno but Wolves supporters...
- 11:55 This is what the Championship table looks like after Birmingham...
- 11:55 Jaguar Land Rover wins legal case against copycat Range Rover...
- 11:55 Man arrested after woman is injured in shooting in Sheffield
- 11:55 Devonshire Primary Academy taking ‘effective action’ in quest to be...
- 11:55 O2 statement after network crash leaves customers unable to make calls
- 11:55 Worksop firm gets prize at awards ceremony which recognises small...
- 11:55 Mental health hospital in Gainsborough rated ‘good’ after latest...
- 11:54 Family fundraiser in aid of poorly Wigan tot Theo
- 11:53 Brits set to be furiously divided as Marmite peanut butter launched
- 11:52 Ceronetti wins first Winter Series crown
- 11:52 Build a scarecrow for the birthday
- 11:52 Title in sight for Town Youth after Lye stalemate
- 11:52 CSE awareness week – businesses, hotels and licensing training
- 11:51 Great Wall trek for Leamington fundraisers
- 11:51 Leamington takeaway operator admits 21 hygiene offences