Alexander Zverev suffers more Grand Slam disappointment as he is beaten in five sets by Chung Hyeon at Australian Open in Melbourne
Alexander Zverev suffered another Grand Slam letdown with a five-set defeat by fellow young gun Chung Hyeon in the third round of the Australian Open.
The fourth seed is the highest-ranked player to fall so far in the men's draw but it was the manner of this loss that will be the most concerning for Zverev and his camp.
The 20-year-old German got into a row with the umpire about the light on Rod Laver Arena and won just five points in the final set to go down 5-7 7-6 (7/3) 2-6 6-3 6-0.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Kyle Edmund sets sights on first Grand Slam quarter-final as... Jamie... read more
- 10:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Children come together for activities
- 10:05 Britain’s youngest Lottery winner regrets not saving her millions...
- 10:05 Shipwreck revealed by shifting sands on South Shields beach 117...
- 10:04 90-year-old Rugby care home resident meets an elephant for the...
- 10:04 Sheffield road remains closed due to major burst water main
- 10:04 UK's youngest Lotto winner Callie Rogers admits biggest regret is...
- 10:04 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho management style and midfield roles...
- 10:02 Garry Monk responds to questions about Diego Fabbrini's Birmingham...
- 09:59 Wellingborough Daylight charity thanks shopping centre for donation
- 09:58 Four legged fun at Lutterworth Dog Fest!
- 09:58 Transfer news LIVE updates: Mourinho could be AXED over Pogba,...
- 09:56 Smell something that isn’t there? You might be suffering from...
- 09:54 Arsenal boss Emery outlines plans for Aubameyang and Lacazette...
- 09:53 Job opportunities as people switched from gas
- 09:52 Lifeboat crew called out after yacht crew stranded under RNLI station
- 09:51 Terminally ill dog is completing a bucket list before she dies
- 09:48 EuroScience Open Forum: sharing science, and a bit of career advice
- 09:46 Yotam Ottolenghi’s tomato recipes
- 09:45 Young woman seriously injured in crash in Sheffield
- 09:45 No arrests after latest stabbing in Sheffield
- 09:45 Have you seen missing Barrow man Frederick Lundy?
- 09:45 Job opportunities as people switched from gas
- 09:39 Meet the British woman saving street cats in Oman
- 09:37 Vintage opening at Pickering’s new antiques centre
- 09:34 Ragnar Klavan reveals Mohamed Salah and Alisson convinced him to...
- 09:33 Safety concerns for missing Chesterfield woman
- 09:32 'I did a whole lot of crying': the spectacular fall and rise of...
- 09:29 IN PICTURES: The otter sculptures that are brightening up a...
- 09:27 The opinion column with Graham Storer
- 09:27 Exotic animals add to annual fun day joy in South Tyneside