Airbus warns it may need to stockpile parts against Brexit
Airbus, one of the UK's biggest manufacturing employers, has warned it may have to stockpile parts to operate smoothly once the UK leaves the EU.
Catherine Bennett, senior vice-president for Airbus UK, told the BBC it would have to decide very soon about "pressing the button" on stockpiling.
"We spend £5bn a year on the UK supply chain... it is really important the parts don't get held up in warehouses."
Ms Bennett said the firm was in discussions with government.
She told the BBC's Today programme that the firm operated a "just in time" supply chain, which... read more
- 14:10 Well-known 'Hansel and Gretel' house in Leeds for sale
- 14:10 Leeds B&M refused to sell 15-rated DVD to 74-year-old grandmother...
- 14:10 Popular Leeds Chinese restaurant launches innovative winter menu...
- 14:10 Fabric shop in town centre on the move
- 14:10 Health and safety investigation underway after Ravensthorpe tragedy
- 14:10 Shocking camera footage shows an Eastwood man smashing a bottle on...
- 14:10 Sutton mum smashed ex’s windscreen with claw hammer
- 14:10 Jail for Mansfield boozer who assaulted girlfriend and knocked out...
- 14:10 Drink driver crashed in Worksop
- 14:08 Greg Wright: The banks must take a long, hard look in the mirror
- 14:08 Tyson Fury's video message ahead of Carlisle visit
- 14:06 Super Typhoon Trami ‘looks like someone’s pulled the plug on Earth’
- 14:06 This is why Sheffield’s very first Mud Madness event for Bluebell...
- 14:05 Downgrading risk of Westminster attacker ‘a sound decision’, says...
- 14:05 Sutton mum smashed ex’s windscreen with claw hammer
- 14:05 Jail for Mansfield boozer who assaulted girlfriend and knocked out...
- 14:04 Jeremy Corbyn tells Labour: 'Get ready for government within a year'
- 14:04 "County Line" drug dealers and runners get a total of 200 years in...
- 14:02 Lifesavers get training with new kit at Wellingborough Cricket Club
- 14:02 Win shopping vouchers by taking part in survey by Corby Council
- 14:02 Drink driver crashed in Worksop
- 14:01 AkzoNobel marks first anniversary
- 14:01 Council chiefs defend mayor’s £34,000 catering bill
- 14:00 Labour conference urges Government to back Jaguar Land Rover...
- 14:00 Nightclub blocked from hosting student party in Birmingham
- 14:00 HGVs motorway joyriding claim is 'absurd'
- 14:00 Labour bid to take control of Dudley Council slammed as 'grubby'
- 14:00 Future for new Birmingham railway stations revealed in new images
- 13:59 Aston Villa fans accused of throwing punches and bottles in pub brawl
- 13:59 Sutton mum smashed ex’s windscreen with claw hammer