Airbus production cuts puts 3,700 jobs at risk
Airbus has confirmed itis cutting production of two aircraft in a move that will put at risk up to 3,700 jobs in France, Germany, Spain and at Filton, near Bristol.
The double-decker A380 superjumbo and the A400M military plane would be scaled back, the aerospace company said.
The A380 project came close to shutdown in January until a last-minute $16bn (£11.5bn) order for 16 of the airliners from Dubai’s Emirates, threw the programme a lifeline.
However, demand remains weak and Airbus said deliveries would fall to six a year from 2020, down from an anticipated 12 deliveries this year.
The... read more
- 17:37 Prominent black Cambridge University graduates celebrated
- 17:37 Is Shawn Michaels really going to wrestle again for WWE at...
- 17:37 Seven police vehicles search across Woodhall Spa as officers 'comb...
- 17:37 Animal had to be put down after Leeds man neglected three dogs on...
- 17:37 Labour pledge to ban charges at cash machines
- 17:37 Beavers to help tackle ‘dam’ nuisance of national park flooding
- 17:37 Walking footballer dies after collapse at Brackley Town
- 17:37 Apprentice star ‘overwhelmed’ by shop response
- 17:34 Bishop of Lincoln speaks out in favour of funding call for...
- 17:33 Manchester United players back Jose Mourinho’s decision to end Paul...
- 17:32 Number of knife criminals who re-offend in South Yorkshire up by...
- 17:29 Man who'd drunk six pints left fuming after being told he couldn't...
- 17:29 Ryanair has just cancelled almost 200 flights this week
- 17:29 Tributes flood in for popular Liverpool fan who died in Norway
- 17:27 Film examines link between food poverty and loneliness
- 17:27 Louth Snooker League: Co-leaders remain locked at top
- 17:26 Who pulls more sickies - Brummie men or women? Here's the answer
- 17:25 When Great British Bake Off is on tonight and what is the theme
- 17:24 Loyal customer has a gift from garage
- 17:24 Former Saints forwards coach West joins Diamond at Sale
- 17:23 Remains of 13th Century friar identified by belt buckle
- 17:23 Bishop of London speaks out in favour of funding call for...
- 17:22 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Wednesday, September...
- 17:21 Pret a Manger sued in US for labelling products containing...
- 17:21 Ivor Broadis to be made freeman of Carlisle next month
- 17:20 Ryder Cup: Tiger Woods looking to improve his sorry Ryder Cup resume
- 17:19 India court rules lesbian couple can live together
- 17:18 Councillor charged over offensive Facebook messages
- 17:17 Labour conference: Jeremy Corbyn pledges more free childcare
- 17:17 Man Utd news: Andy Gray gives Paul Pogba verdict as Jose Mourinho...