After 25-year-old 'fitness fanatic's' death these are heart disease warnings to look out for
Echo readers were left expressed their dismay at the tragic death of a 25-year-old fitness fanatic who died in his sleep from a heart condition .
Sam Standerwick was staying in the Arthouse Hotel, in Seel Street, after a night out in Liverpool with pals, but never woke up.
He died because of a 70% blockage in his coronary artery – something commonly seen with people with major heart disease.
Writing on Facebook Becky Hancox said: “So sad! Please guys if you feel palpitations or chest pain go see a doctor, it will likely to be nothing but it could save your life!”
That was echoed by Ann... read more
- 13:35 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho was offered Atletico Madrid...
- 13:32 'Lowlife' thieves steal nurse's car in Headingley
- 13:32 Beauty tips: the joy of highlighters
- 13:31 Unlucky England fan travels to Russia for World Cup game against...
- 13:31 New move in £16.8m football hubs project
- 13:30 Meet Coventry's most famous dog with an army of Instagram followers
- 13:29 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...
- 13:22 Britain is on the brink of a halloumi shortage - and cheese lovers...
- 13:20 Ukraine Roma camp attack leaves one dead
- 13:20 Man Utd transfer news: Kylian Mbappe linked with STUNNING move...
- 13:20 Theatre company marks half a century of performances at unique open...
- 13:20 Cadet officers honoured by Queen in ceremony at Belvoir Castle
- 13:17 This is what it is like to be pulled over by police and breathalysed
- 13:16 Family devastated after WW2 veteran grandfather's ashes stolen from...
- 13:16 Majority of Scots ‘would pay more tax to help NHS’
- 13:10 Labour frontbenchers defend no show at anti-Brexit march
- 13:10 Outcry as thousands of Solihull residents await replacement bins
- 13:07 USA follow victory over Scotland with six-try beating of Canada
- 13:04 Kylian Mbappe next club odds: Man City out in front in race to sign...
- 13:00 Vets urge pet owners to protect pets as temperatures soar
- 12:59 Gareth Southgate sends message to England players ahead of...
- 12:58 Boy, six, seriously injured in horror motorbike hit-and-run at...
- 12:55 Firms shortlisted for rural awards
- 12:55 Police hunt burglar who stole £200 Nike trainers from Barrow house
- 12:54 Power fault disrupts Eurotunnel cross-Channel services