Action groups 'should face more checks' say campaigners
Campaigners have called for greater scrutiny of organisations set up to sue banks on behalf of small firms.
The SME Alliance has also urged business owners to be cautious when signing up with such action groups.
Its move comes after The Mail on Sunday raised questions about a group set up to sue the Royal Bank of Scotland over mistreatment by its turnaround division.
Concerns over the RBS-GRG Business Action Group, which claims to represent more than 500 small firms it says were destroyed by RBS’s Global Restructuring Group, include the involvement of Gerard Walsh, 60, who was described as... read more
- 11:33 How to have your say on ambitious Elland bypass bridge plan
- 11:33 Labour MP says second Brexit vote could lead to social unrest
- 11:33 More teachers back call for fairer funding in Sheffield schools
- 11:31 Usain Bolt: Athletics legend issues message to critics in bid to...
- 11:29 North Yorkshire Police Commissioner calls for Government to reverse...
- 11:30 LOOKING BACK: Swimming pool plans in deep water and 130-year-old...
- 11:29 Alarm as sinkhole opens in Ripon city centre: Residents react
- 11:29 Dog bites member of public in Harrogate
- 11:29 Wallaby on the loose in Filey
- 11:25 The world’s largest plane could take to the skies within weeks
- 11:27 Alarm as sinkhole opens in Ripon city centre: Residents react
- 11:25 Nazi guard, 95, is finally deported from the US to Germany after...
- 11:27 This company is looking for professional cuddlers - for £30 an hour
- 11:27 Incredible footage will allow us to 'see and hear' First World War...
- 11:27 Dog bites member of public in Harrogate
- 11:25 Eid Mubarak images, pictures and memes to send on Eid ul Adha
- 11:26 North Yorkshire Police Commissioner calls for Government to reverse...
- 11:25 Man known as ‘Mr Elastic’ can walk backwards after falling as teen
- 11:25 Staff put through 'terrifying ordeal' as thieves smash into Market...
- 11:25 Misconduct charges against Hillsborough police chief dropped
- 11:25 Cyril steps down after 50 years service with Alnwick Town FC
- 11:23 Do not travel on West Coast main line this bank holiday weekend,...
- 11:21 Perverted tourist snared in Sunderland by paedophile hunters
- 11:21 Police place order on Sunderland home to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 11:20 Arsène Wenger to get honour from Liberia's George Weah
- 11:21 Death crash driver to be sentenced
- 11:20 Spain's 'wolf pack' sex attackers confronted at Seville pool
- 11:17 Auditors praise North Tyneside Council for budget management
- 11:17 Wallsend entrepreneur drumming up support for adults with learning...
- 11:18 OMG! The Hills is returning to MTV