ACT to celebrate 70th anniversary
An organisation that champions community and rural issues in Cumbria is celebrating its 70th anniversary next month.
ACTion with Communities in Cumbria (ACT) is using its landmark anniversary to push for recognition of 21st century rural problems, such as housing and issues arising from isolation.
Its plans are contained in this year’s annual report, which also highlights successful projects including bringing together the Eden community-run swimming pool teams and supporting residents in creating the Flimby Flood Action Group.
ACT’s CEO Lorrainne Smith said: “We see our anniversary and... read more
- 13:03 Bertie’s in Edinburgh: First look inside Scotland’s biggest chippy
- 13:03 Reception students at Delapre Primary School take part in the...
- 13:03 Terrifying clown masked robbery at Hull bank 'like a scene from a...
- 13:03 Live updates as crash closes Skipsea Lane in both directions
- 13:02 Man rushed to hospital after five-man brawl at Batley pub
- 13:02 RSPCA faces busiest winter day as it expects thousands of calls...
- 13:02 Pupil brings legal action against school's isolation units
- 13:02 Collision on A1 in Northumberland results in death of horse
- 13:01 What's the best way to protect the Lincolnshire coast from floods...
- 13:01 M&S to open ANOTHER foodhall in Lincolnshire - here's where and when
- 13:00 Pep Guardiola provides update on injured Man City trio David Silva,...
- 13:00 How Leicester looked in the Swinging Sixties - in colour
- 13:00 This charity shop is selling toys at cost price for families...
- 12:58 Derbyshire's best dressed houses this Christmas - in pictures
- 12:58 CCTV appeal after theft from Marks & Spencer
- 12:58 50 Cent sends condolences after crew member is killed on Power set
- 12:57 Kenilworth café holding party for those on their own this Christmas
- 12:56 How there are hopes boxing, film nights and trips to Blackpool can...
- 12:56 Nuisance South Shields beggar barred from pubs and churches
- 12:56 Theresa May gets locked inside her own car as she tries to meet...
- 12:55 Man arrested by armed police outside Houses of Parliament
- 12:54 LeBron James edges Dwyane Wade in star pair's final NBA meeting
- 12:53 Man found dead under Leeds railway bridge
- 12:53 Students’ work put in the picture
- 12:52 Keep the tape running: how interrogations became top-drawer TV
- 12:52 Population to double with approval of 'new village' with nearly 850...
- 12:52 See if festive celebration will return to Warwick Racecourse
- 12:52 Tory Mayor Andy Street issues warning about Universal Credit
- 12:51 Mum thanks three strangers who helped her when she was flying alone...
- 12:51 Share your memories of Wakefield in 'extraordinary' history project