Academy status for Walker college
Walker Technology College has switched to academy status after the Department for Education (DfE) granted permission for it to become part of Tyne Coast Academy Trust.
Tyne Coast Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) which is sponsored by Tyne Coast College, formed last year from a merger of South Tyneside College and Tyne Metropolitan College (TyneMet).
The move, officially approved by education secretary Damian Hinds, has seen Walker Technology College’s name change to Walker Riverside Academy.
It will now be supported in its future ambitions by Tyne Coast Academy Trust, which... read more
- 04:51 Celtic Boys Club beast Jim Torbett 'convinced Celtic to sign victim...
- 04:51 Blind dad running Santa Dash for stem cell treatment so he can see...
- 04:51 Mum overjoyed as five-year-old son speaks to her for first time
- 04:51 RBS bosses launch probe into 'culture of bullying' at bank
- 04:51 'Breaking Bad' chemist at Paisley drugs factory developed own pills...
- 04:51 Scottish tycoon's mysterious death plunge could have been Russian...
- 04:51 Be in no doubt - Theresa May lied to Parly over her disastrous...
- 04:45 Australian Tax Office contractors accused of links to tax havens
- 04:45 Japan's crown princess 'insecure' about becoming empress due to...
- 04:13 Workplace parking spaces in Leicester should be taxed, claims...
- 04:02 Dutton's department's visa outsourcing plan accused of being...
- 03:47 Topps Tiles opens showroom for its Parkside commercial business at...
- 03:37 Ambani-Piramal wedding: Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian event
- 03:14 Roger the kangaroo: Enormous roo dies aged 12
- 03:06 Should homeless people be expected to live in a box?
- 03:06 Legal aid advice network 'decimated' by funding cuts
- 03:06 Three Northern Ireland ambulance staff attacked by patient
- 03:06 Carwyn Jones considered quitting over Carl Sargeant death
- 02:27 Yellow vest protests: Macron to hold crisis meeting
- 02:26 Isha Ambani wedding: Beyoncé and Hillary Clinton jet to India for...
- 01:54 Armenia election: PM Nikol Pashinyan ahead in snap poll
- 01:45 Jamal Khashoggi murder: Saudi Arabia refuses to extradite suspects...
- 01:41 The women who have less power than you think
- 01:41 Five things to know this week: Will Google manage to calm Trump?
- 01:41 Why women in South Korea are cutting 'the corset'
- 01:23 Top score award given to Kelsey sharpshooter
- 01:19 Angela Smith: The People’s Vote is only way out of Brexit gridlock
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Where are the apprentices to build the future?
- 01:19 Claire Holland: Brexit reveals the need to tackle our skills...
- 01:15 First two F-35A fighter jets to arrive in Australia amid warning on...