Abuse from Liverpool fans on social media won't shut me up - Alan Shearer
Jurgen Klopp's side were given a penalty for a foul on Adam Lallana on Friday night against Everton.
The former Newcastle and Blackburn striker tweeted that in his view the referee had made the wrong call.
But he was subsequently subjected to what he termed "horrific abuse" from football supporters.
And now the Match of the Day pundit has vented his anger about those who use social media in a negative manner.
"What followed from the Merseyside third-round clash was a barrage of abuse on Twitter — directed towards me, as well as my wife and children," he wrote in his... read more
- 16:42 Everything that has opened in Coventry and Warwickshire in 2018 and...
- 16:41 YP Letters: Council review is needed to deliver services we pay for
- 16:41 YP Letters: Jeremy Corbyn has destroyed Labour as a credible...
- 16:41 YP Letters: Absurd plan for a second Brexit referendum
- 16:40 Body of man found at railway bridge close to Ayrshire hotel
- 16:39 X Factor star Chico Slimani is ‘recovering well’ after...
- 16:39 Four people rescued from Holy Island causeway
- 16:37 Vatican signs historic deal with China – but critics denounce sellout
- 16:34 Lily Allen leaves fans fuming as singer leaves her own book signing...
- 16:34 Jim Furyk’s US college boys face stern French test to retain Ryder Cup
- 16:31 Virgil van Dijk suffers injury for Liverpool against Southampton
- 16:27 Glamping goes Tudor: historians to remake Henry VIII’s opulent tent
- 16:27 Chas and Dave singer Chas Hodges dies aged 74
- 16:24 Labour to resist pressure of committing to second referendum on Brexit
- 16:24 Tiana in Birmingham - how child star's fans took over the Bullring...
- 16:23 Dominic sees off rivals to win place on town council
- 16:18 Fresh deadline for Brett Kavanaugh accuser adds to supreme court drama
- 16:18 Rotterdam prepared for worst when Britain crashes out of EU
- 16:17 Sex addiction signs and how to tell if you or your partner has a...
- 16:16 Woman's incredible full English breakfast cooking hack goes viral
- 16:16 It doesn’t look crowded on Nigel Farage’s Brexit bus
- 16:16 Jeremy Hunt urges EU to ‘step back from the abyss’ of Brexit no deal
- 16:13 Tottenham squad ranked by transfer value: Who are Pochettino’s most...
- 16:09 Chelsea star Mateo Kovacic reveals what Man Utd legend he takes...
- 16:09 Man Utd vs Wolves: Why Marouane Fellaini is a ‘dream’ for defenders...
- 16:04 DUP cannot have veto on Brexit border deal, says Ireland
- 16:02 Brighton vs Tottenham LIVE: Team news and Premier League updates...
- 16:02 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp reveals all on Xherdan Shaqiri's first...
- 15:57 Italy acquits Tunisian 'migrant smuggling' fishermen
- 15:57 Eeyore the donkey rescued from sinkhole in Helston