A million people hit Westfield malls at Easter as families combine shopping with meals and activities
Families flocked to shopping centres over Easter as they splashed out on clothes, toys, meals and activities.
Mall giant Westfield said more than 940,000 people visited its two sites over Easter – in Shepherd's Bush, west London, and Stratford in east London.
That was up 18 per cent on Easter last year and followed a £600million expansion of the Shepherd's Bush site, which is now Europe's largest shopping centre and home to John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and Next as well luxury brands such as Burberry, Gucci and Jimmy Choo.
Many centres and high streets are struggling amid fierce... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle