A huge solar storm is heading our way and gigantic ‘cracks’ are opening up in Earth’s magnetic field
A gigantic hole has opened up in the sun and spewed out a massive stream of radiation that’s now heading towards Earth.
This ‘solar storm’ is set to hit our planet on March 14, which is Wednesday this week.
Whilst it’s not strong enough to blast humanity back to the Stone Age, it could play havoc with the satellites which power the world’s communication networks.
‘A geomagnetic storm is a major disturbance of Earth’s magnetosphere that occurs when there is a very efficient exchange of energy from the solar wind into the space environment surrounding Earth,’ said the Space Weather Prediction... read more
- 01:10 ABC chairman told Michelle Guthrie to sack Emma Alberici to appease...
- 00:59 Sudoku 4,175 medium
- 00:58 The Yorkshire Post says: Don’t give apprentices a bad name. Time to...
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: Labour’s Brexit splits exposed. Sir Keir...
- 00:51 Tottenham news: Mauricio Pochettino expects to be playing in new...
- 00:50 Customs delays of 30 minutes 'will bankrupt 1 in 10 firms', say bosses
- 00:49 Rafale deal: Why French jets are at the centre of an Indian...
- 00:49 The Rwandan school turning boys into feminists
- 00:49 Has France's Macron lost his charm?
- 00:49 Why Sweden and China have fallen out so badly
- 00:49 Trump at UN: Who does business with Iran?
- 00:49 Why US top court is so much more political than UK's
- 00:48 GP Taylor: A love letter to the vanishing art of handwriting
- 00:48 Bernard Ingham: Brexit is the inevitable consequence of ignorning...
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Don’t give apprentices a bad name. Time to...
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: High street tests. Costing out Labour’s...
- 00:46 Scott Morrison claims Indigenous voice to parliament would be a...
- 00:44 Tickets for Chris Evans' CarFest 2018 to go on sale this week
- 00:44 Eating junk food raises risk of depression, says multi-country study
- 00:43 Mirrorless cameras: Photography's new decisive moment
- 00:43 European roundup: Bayern’s run ends while Inter scrape past Fiorentina
- 00:39 Proud Lampard full of praise as Derby County knock out Man Utd
- 00:28 Are themed bars and pubs the future?
- 00:28 Will we soon be renting rather than buying our clothes?
- 00:26 This week’s roadworks in West Yorkshire
- 00:20 Universities failing to tackle sex harassment by staff, says report
- 00:15 Kidnapped by mum: the American teenager trapped in a South Korean cult
- 00:15 Qatar World Cup workers still exploited, says Amnesty report
- 00:15 Jewish event at Labour conference abandoned after bomb scare
- 23:36 Jose Mourinho knew Manchester United were in trouble when Phil...