A cool head in a crisis – all thanks to MoonWalkers
Thousands of women with breast cancer could be spared the devastation of hair loss thanks to a cooling cap worn during chemotherapy that could halve the chance of patients losing their hair.
Scalp cooling systems, which use either a cold gel or a refrigerated pump system to lower the temperature of the head, have been available for years for use during chemotherapy but have never been widely taken up.
Prior to receiving the chemotherapy drug, the scalp cooler (which consists of a lightweight silicone cap connected to a small refrigeration unit) is placed on the head. The machine reduces the... read more
- 06:45 Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri CANNOT compare Eden Hazard to...
- 06:44 Day, Scott and Leishman to miss Australian Open
- 06:44 Umpire suspended for helping Nick Kyrgios at US Open
- 06:42 Kate Williams: How Mary, Queen of Scots was betrayed
- 06:41 Council hears updates on Greyfriars, St Edmunds and former Chron...
- 06:40 Australian PM threatens strawberry saboteurs with 15 years in jail
- 06:40 Myanmar Rohingya crisis: ICC begins investigation into atrocities
- 06:39 Leader comment: Scotland’s needs must be addressed
- 06:39 Chris Marshall: Scotland can’t afford to rest on its laurels over...
- 06:39 Scotland should be ‘proud’ of its prisons
- 06:39 Humza Yousaf begins search for alternative to Railway policing plan
- 06:39 Grieving son who lost mother to mesh set to meet health secretary
- 06:33 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho 'set to sacrifice Paul Pogba' in...
- 06:30 Wednesday’s best TV: Grand Designs; Bad Move
- 06:29 John Swinney told to ‘listen’ and scrap P1 tests
- 06:29 999 crisis as response times drop by two minutes
- 06:27 Deputy discusses improved 'rail connectivity' with East West Rail...
- 06:27 School applications: The most sought-after primaries in Wellingborough
- 06:27 Wellingborough salon welcomes woman with the world’s longest...
- 06:27 Elderly ‘scared to leave their rooms’ at Wellingborough housing block
- 06:27 Rushden charity appealing for volunteers as the need for its...
- 06:27 Park fun day was just the trick for Hartlepool families
- 06:27 Hartlepool Round Table looking for new members to join group
- 06:27 'You are a superstar in the making' - Courtney Hadwin wows judges...
- 06:25 Disney World Florida to scrap beloved fireworks display
- 06:22 Zambia aid payments suspended over corruption allegations
- 06:22 'Trumpwashing': the danger of turning the Republican resistance...
- 06:21 Dancer who dreams of performing with Beyonce takes big step on road...
- 06:21 South Shields pensioner set to join family on memory walk despite...
- 06:21 South Shields charity champ narrowly misses out on top national award