5 times I was incredibly rude to people as a result of my social anxiety
Anxiety has changed me.
I used to love meeting new people, drinking all night and making new best friends in the ladies’ bathroom at the student union.
Nowadays, I can happily go for days without interacting with real life humans.
I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to the party girl I used to be because I don’t think anxiety will let me.
These days, when I’m in a social situation and anxiety hits, my instincts take over.
Unfortunately my instincts make me kind of rude, as you’ll see from these not-so-fond memories.
1. I left a party before it even began When I was off work with depression, I... read more
- 19:04 Chelsea news: Olivier Giroud sends fierce Maurizio Sarri warning to...
- 19:03 Nuno is set to call up these Wolves kids for Carabao Cup duty
- 19:02 Cousins caught with loaded sawn-off shotgun say they were dragged...
- 19:03 Cheers and tears at Carlisle Living Awards
- 19:02 Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going...
- 19:02 'Coward' butcher leaves victim with life-changing injuries in...
- 19:01 The open-air church that drew hundreds in the Highlands
- 18:57 Seven ways to overcome loneliness
- 18:57 It’s just an illusion: culture secretary Jeremy Wright’s hologram
- 18:57 Expecting the Queen for dinner? Make her favourite soup
- 18:57 Oh, brother: why siblings make the most savage political opponents
- 18:57 Compote, dressing or gin: what can you do with a glut of blackberries?
- 18:57 How to get fit – without breaking the bank
- 18:53 First routine eye check uncovers brain tumour in five-year-old girl
- 18:48 Northern bosses remain ‘highly confident’ despite Brexit uncertainty
- 18:46 When do the clocks go back in October 2018 and when do they go...
- 18:45 Lancashire teaching assistant Rachel Evans writes new novel and...
- 18:45 Meghan and Harry go head-to-head in netball shootout
- 18:44 City centre road closed as emergency services tackle flat fire
- 18:43 Parts of Doncaster have some of worst figures for attempted online...
- 18:40 Whisky galore
- 18:40 Call to ‘Mend Our Mountains’ as peak damage sets in
- 18:40 Human trafficking victim from Vietnam found in Dunblane after...
- 18:38 Labour says it could SCRAP Universal Credit entirely - along with a...
- 18:38 Police 'investigating' hate crime complaints after man seen with...
- 18:37 British media's Brexit coverage sows division – EU commissioner
- 18:36 No allergy information displayed at Pret A Manger branch linked to...
- 18:35 Man admits posing as cheating army wife to film porn with...
- 18:33 Northern bosses remain ‘highly confident’ despite Brexit uncertainty
- 18:32 FIFA Best Awards LIVE: Updates as Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric...