£4m rail upgrade after landslide on West Coast main line
Rail bosses have completed a £4million upgrade which was made following last year’s landslide at Kings Langley.
Services on the West Coast main line were severely affected in September 2016, when a train derailed after hitting a landslip, caused by torrential rain.
A train travelling in the opposite direction then clipped the derailed train.
Although nobody was injured in the incident, Network Rail have spent the following 14 months and £3.954m stabilising the cutting, and removing vegetation so that 1km of rock netting and soil matting could be installed on top of the 500-plus rock anchors... read more
- 17:02 Hosepipe ban firm loses 133 litres of water in leaks per house a day
- 18:43 BAME characters should be 'more central' in children's books
- 17:02 Liverpool transfer news: Alisson showdown talks TODAY over...
- 18:41 Coventry City pair involved in England Under-19s' opener against...
- 20:16 Brazen mum and daughter swindled £60k from kids' bank accounts and...
- 18:43 Michelle Obama to attend charity dinner in Edinburgh
- 17:02 'Targeted' attempted murder probe after drive-by shooting in Oldbury
- 20:15 Military suicides: Is there a hidden epidemic?
- 20:15 Special investigation: The hidden cost of war
- 17:02 Number of women in top boardroom positions falls, says report
- 18:43 The best Amazon Prime Day tech and gaming deals
- 17:05 Friends rally for children whose dad was found dead in park
- 17:02 Liverpool pre-season fixtures: Full schedule including...
- 17:05 'Someone will get killed' - outrage at junction diversion where...
- 17:02 Railway worker racially abused at Kidderminster station
- 20:16 Heartbroken family pay tribute to dad of three killed in horror...
- 20:15 M55 closed westbound after biker accident
- 18:43 Louis Tomlinson and Robbie Williams named new judges on The X Factor
- 17:02 Goldman Sachs: David Solomon, veteran banker and part-time DJ,...
- 18:43 Trump calls negative coverage of his Putin meeting ‘fake news’
- 17:02 Alisson: Liverpool bid £62m for Roma goalkeeper, mega transfer...
- 17:02 Boy, 13, collapsed after masked yobs 'forced him to drink ketamine'
- 20:16 Scottish shops hit as Poundworld closes another 40 stores with 531...
- 17:05 Tributes to the history of our NHS at Chorley Hospital
- 18:41 Health chief wants to cut takeaway numbers
- 18:41 Blue light relay highlights trauma suffered by emergency workers
- 18:43 Bognor home damaged by glass ornament blaze
- 18:43 How will we travel after Brexit under the government’s plan?
- 17:02 Arsenal pre-season fixtures: Full schedule including International...
- 17:05 Seven million facing hopepipe ban - will it be extended to Cov?