18-year-old new mother with terminal brain cancer flies to Mexico for experimental treatment in desperate bid to save her life
An 18-year-old who recently gave birth after being diagnosed with an incurable brain tumor is going Mexico for experimental treatment as there are no other options on US soil.
Dana Scatton, of Pennsylvania, was given three to nine months to live in December after she was diagnosed with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG), a disease with less than one percent chance for survival, while seven months pregnant.
The disease primarily affects about 300 children each year and is most commonly found in children younger than 10 years old, making her case extremely rare.
The teen gave birth to... read more
- 04:57 The most popular girls and boys names in Leicester last year revealed
- 04:41 Manchester United dealt blow ahead of Wolves clash as star lifts...
- 04:41 Bakary Sako latest as worrying Harvey Barnes update emerges for...
- 04:41 EFL respond to points deduction claims as Garry Monk lauds...
- 04:41 Steve Bruce names Aston Villa's John Terry replacement as Gary...
- 04:01 French Muslim rapper calls off shows at Bataclan after protests
- 03:56 Everton news: Richarlison reveals how Brazli superstar Neymar...
- 03:45 'Awful abuses': US denounces China's treatment of Uighurs
- 03:41 Brexit compromise still possible, Donald Tusk says
- 03:27 The needles and the damage done: the growers hurt by Australia's...
- 03:06 Bristol venue to play Africa by Toto on loop all night
- 03:00 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 02:56 Labour could renationalise railways in five years - McDonnell
- 02:18 Value-for-money bakery opens in former Northampton Oliver Adams shop
- 02:14 Stamp of approval for Helensburgh training firm
- 01:59 'Hezbollah treasurer' Barakat arrested in Brazil border city
- 01:52 Neil McNicholas: Only answer to health threat is no smoking at all
- 01:52 Tom Richmond: Don’t waste chance to give leaders a public grilling
- 01:47 Former welfare recipients who refuse to pay back debt face travel ban
- 01:47 Republican lawmaker ends re-election bid as daughter alleges...
- 01:24 The town that became Scotland's chilli capital
- 01:24 Premier League shirts row: The fickle fashions of sponsorship
- 01:05 Viewpoint: What India's first newspaper says about democracy
- 01:04 The night Kevin Keegan sneaked back into Newcastle in a flat cap...
- 01:02 Maniac: The new James Bond director's experimental Netflix drama
- 01:01 How do you solve catastrophic hyperinflation?
- 00:55 Man City performance disturbing but Paul Pogba absolutely brilliant...
- 00:55 Wilfried Zaha: Roy Hodgson tells star to keep talking on the pitch...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Universal troubles. Little political...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Sheffield Council needs lessons in common sense –...